Alexa not behaving (1 Viewer)

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
I have many lights and a water feature controlled by Alexa, last night they failed. I attempted to reset and went back to the original app where the did work until efamily cloud locked me out. I gave up and went to all the lights, including the one in the shed, and switched them off. This morning most are back online, and I can access my efamily cloud account again, I have messages on 2 apps about maintenance and the system not working last night, but had nothing before the event. Has anyone else had a problem?

Mar 9, 2021
Essex, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2014
Alexa is subtly showing you who is boss - beware!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 16, 2014
NOTTINGHAM
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savannah
Exp
Almost a Newbie but not quite now.
YES. I spent most of the evening trying to re-connect my Smart Life app as SWMBO complained the kitchen lights would not turn on.
Like you,, this morning I had mail stating they had problems. Would have been better to have known beforehand. :unsure:

OP
OP
Odd job
Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
Over the years I have had garden lights and water feature controlled by old heating timers which I have upgraded for customers, since retiring I no longer have access to these so when one failed and I was faced with the full cost of replacement I started using WiFi sockets and over time I have replaced all of them, I have also put several internal lights on the system so they can operate when we're away. The problem is now it's all on the same system so when it goes wrong everything goes wrong. This time everything came back this morning apart from one socket which had to be manually re-set which wouldn't be good if we're away. ā˜¹ļø

OP
OP
Odd job
Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
After coming back yesterday, when it was time to switch things off, she let me down again. Everything is fine on the 3 apps I have, but not through the Alexa app. I'm not sure if it is a local problem or something more. I don't want to delete and re-install all the lights and sockets if it's a problem with the system. Is Alexa working for you?

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
I have various security apps on phones and laptop which all went down last evening but strangely are all ok this morning.

I don't see the connection, but I have suspicions it may have something to do with the Fbook / whatsapp outages yesterday. It seems too much of a coincidence,

Last edited:
OP
OP
Odd job
Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
I have now given Alexa a good kicking and reset all that did not work, I will have to see if it stays working, this morning when I took a dog out at 4.30 I told her to turn the garden light on but she switched the lounge lights on instead :(

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Tell her, No more sex till she starts working properly and harder... (y)

Works with my my misses..... :RollEyes:

Colino

Free Member
Jan 19, 2021
Funster No
MH
Hobby T65HFL
One of the worst things is every time you change your Internet service provider you have to change the WiFi passwords. Smart plugs, computers, game consoles, smart tv's, phones, pads,sky etc etc šŸ˜³

Jan 22, 2017
Bristol
Funster No
MH
DAF LF Conversion
Exp
Since 2013
One of the worst things is every time you change your Internet service provider you have to change the WiFi passwords. Smart plugs, computers, game consoles, smart tv's, phones, pads,sky etc etc šŸ˜³

Or, use virgin/bt/whatever as a modem and your own router that everything connects to.

OP
OP
Odd job
Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
The easy way is to change the new router's name and password to that of the old one, then everything should carry on as before.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Look on the bright side (well when you're lights are on) at least you got a bit of 'exercise' walking to/from the sockets, switches etc!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back