Jun 13, 2017
Devon
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9095DF
Exp
Since June 2017
Hi @Jim

Something odd is happening with the forum software (or more likely I’ve hit something I shouldn’t!)

I’ve gone from 1 or 2 alerts a day to read threads that I’m interested in, up to about 20-30 a day for all sorts of threads that I’ve never read, brand new threads that have been started in sub forums that I never read etc etc

The only thing I notice is that there seem to be loads of threads with the little Bino next to them now (which I presume means I’m interested in them....but really I’m not :))

Is there something I can do to turn the Alert Volume down? Or is there a quirk in the software that is auto registering me to be interested in random things :)

Cheers

Jim (the other one)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi @Jim

Something odd is happening with the forum software (or more likely I’ve hit something I shouldn’t!)

I’ve gone from 1 or 2 alerts a day to read threads that I’m interested in, up to about 20-30 a day for all sorts of threads that I’ve never read, brand new threads that have been started in sub forums that I never read etc etc

The only thing I notice is that there seem to be loads of threads with the little Bino next to them now (which I presume means I’m interested in them....but really I’m not :))

Is there something I can do to turn the Alert Volume down? Or is there a quirk in the software that is auto registering me to be interested in random things :)

Cheers

Jim (the other one)

Oh Jim. How disappointed us wimmin are. You mean you really DON'T want to read our crochet thread? :(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
@Happy Jim
You've maybe, inadvertently, changed your Alert Preferences.
To check hover over your name on blue bar top right and select Alert Preferences. Amend as required.

OP
OP
Happy Jim

Happy Jim

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 13, 2017
Devon
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9095DF
Exp
Since June 2017
Hmmm,
Getting alerts when people create new threads etc :cry:

I keep missing the crochet ones which is annoying :ROFLMAO:

I’ve tweaked my settings to see if that works

Jim

OP
OP
Happy Jim

Happy Jim

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 13, 2017
Devon
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9095DF
Exp
Since June 2017
31059C7D-02C6-4454-84AC-FCFB63E63533.png

@Jim If you’re reading this...here’s today’s screenshot (my alerts should get zip, nada, nowt....apart from the crochet ones....I neeeed the crochet ones :))

Not the end of the world obviously as I have the ability to ignore them honed ;-)

Thanks

Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
You had "Watched" the Motorhome Chat forum which means you will be notified every-time anyone posts in it. I've unwatched it for you. (y)

OP
OP
Happy Jim

Happy Jim

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 13, 2017
Devon
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9095DF
Exp
Since June 2017
You had "Watched" the Motorhome Chat forum which means you will be notified every-time anyone posts in it. I've unwatched it for you. (y)

:blusher:

Thank you Sir! I Shall try to reign in my inner idiot in future :Grin:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back