Free Member
Nov 3, 2014
Brighton
Funster No
MH
Class
Exp
10 years.. On and Off
Seems like a result, we brought ours from Halfruds as they will price match, so we found the cheapest we could find, on line printed it off and had it price matched at our local store :)

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Just seen on martinlewis that there is a £5 voucher for aldi in tomorrows Daily Mirror, will buy it en route as our nearest Aldi is 50 mins away. Didnt know Halfords pricematched, was going to try my luck with John Lewis if aldi run out so good tip thanks.

CJB

Free Member
Feb 26, 2013
Kent
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
1 year
Are these Aldi offers available in store or do you have to buy online. Thinking about getting the TV but want to check the power usage and what size the VESA bracket is

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
Anyone know if the ALDI sat nav has Europe Maps on it, doesn't say on the advert.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Anyone know if the ALDI sat nav has Europe Maps on it, doesn't say on the advert.
This from the advert:

• Camper specific directories and search filters for choosing the best sites and grounds in Europe

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
They will probably have only one or two in each store which will sell out in minutes. Halfords and the like will then refuse to price match because Aldi have none left (they know because they sent their staff round to buy them up) :D

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
This from the advert:

That's what you'd expect but I phoned Garmin yesterday to check the spec of the ALDI one against another device and I asked the girl at Garmin if the ALDI one had Europe maps. She said she did not know as not all of the sat navs are configured the same.

So if your considering buying one, do check that it includes Europe maps on lifetime updates.

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
2012, prior too, 17 years Folding Camper & Caravan
Just checked with Halfords on line chat and they will price match for 1 day only in store. Like for like with Aldi.

not near an Aldi or Halfords tomorrow ah well

paintman

Free Member
Aug 17, 2013
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
1 year
I can't make a decision on this, it seems like a good deal but this unit was getting terrible reviews last year on places like Amazon, my own experience with a Garmin product and their helpline is far from good. We had a replacement 550 (motorbike unit) last year after the first one failed, we bought lifetime maps but despite numerous attempts with help from Garmin customer service we just can't get them loaded on to the unit (sd card) so I still need a gps for the Hymer but I think I've had it with Garmin.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I can't make a decision on this, it seems like a good deal but this unit was getting terrible reviews last year on places like Amazon, my own experience with a Garmin product and their helpline is far from good. We had a replacement 550 (motorbike unit) last year after the first one failed, we bought lifetime maps but despite numerous attempts with help from Garmin customer service we just can't get them loaded on to the unit (sd card) so I still need a gps for the Hymer but I think I've had it with Garmin.
I bought a new 660 ( I already had the 550 on one bike and wanted the 660 on another )
had EXACTLY the same problem, ended up having to return the thing to Garmin who ended up sending me a completely new unit with the update done !
To be fair, they turned it round in 24 hours and express delivered it back to me. The whole lot took 4 days in total AND they sent me a case and a new spare SD card as a sorry

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
No problems at all with ours and we have had it almost a year and covered about 7000 miles with it in constant use. I contacted Garmin ( by email) about another unit I had and they responded straight away, told me to send it in and they repaired it for free even though it was over 6 months out of warranty.
I've had Garmin units for more years than I can remember, certainly over 20 years, I wouldn't touch another brand. We have 4 Garmin units in the family, never a moments problems with any of them.
If I hadn't already got a Dezl 760, I would be queueing up at Aldi tomorrow for one.
Allan

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
I'm not happy about the price I paid for one of these a month ago (not being psychic).. But its my first Garmin.. Used it a few times in the UK and I have to say.. I love it... There are reviews all over the net for it.... A fair few in the USA... The huge majority are good reviews and I have to agree with them.

OP
OP
bertiebasset
Jun 16, 2014
NOTTINGHAM
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savannah
Exp
Almost a Newbie but not quite now.
I have had a TomTom for many years but they now want £54+ for new maps so have subscribed to co-pilot for my tablet. So far seems very good, so will not be queuing at ALDI's on Thursday but hope those who do get what they desire.
Robert

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Got one ! Was first in the queue :) ( got there at 0750 )
They had a total of five units.. By the time the doors opened there was actually quite a line, and everyone at the till behind me either had a gps or a telly.
I should think there were a few unfortunates who failed to score.. I told one chap to go to Halfrauds ( just over the road ) and they will price match.. Someone else over heard and by the time I left the car park a queue was forming outside the Halfrauds doors LOL !!!

Got it home and so far am REALLY impressed with the thing..

Lesley and Richard

Free Member
Mar 10, 2015
Maidstone
Funster No
MH
Swift bolero
Exp
im a newbie
Well done , same for me , first in the queue and only person, that wanted one , everyone eles was there for the telly , stood outside for 10 mins , cut the £5 coupon out of the daily mirror and got a bargain .....

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
We're away so asked our son if he wouldn't mind picking a tv up for us. He rang to confirm he'd got one and there was still 3 in store.(y)

Just have to hope it'll fit in the tv cupboard now.....:LOL:

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Success, glad I was there early and the "experts"told me to go straight to the till, I would have just wandered up and down looking for them otherwise and missed out. Will be back on later when I find I can't work it, darling daughter reckons I have a bit of brain missing where technology is concerned!

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Called in
Well done , same for me , first in the queue and only person, that wanted one , everyone eles was there for the telly , stood outside for 10 mins , cut the £5 coupon out of the daily mirror and got a bargain .....
to my local newspaper shop to collect a Mirror on the way.. Run out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Must be a LOT of folk after that fiver !!

Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
Just hooked up to my PC...

These maps appear to be preloaded:
Belgium
Denmark
Germany
France
Italy
Luxembourg
Holland
Austria
Poland
Slovakia
Finland

It also has these campsites preloaded:
ACSI
Motorhome stopovers (credited to Motorhome facts)
Campsites (which I believe to be CL and CC&C sites ((also credited to Motorhome Facts))

and...
Austria Germany Cyclops
Belux Cyclops
Eastern Europe Cyclops
France Cyclops
Italy Cyclops
Netherlands Cyclops
Nordics Cyclops
Spain Portugal Cyclops
UK Ireland Cyclops
No I don't know what these are either

May 30, 2012
Bristol
Funster No
MH
PVC Vantage Neo
Exp
25 years
Really pleased too, instructions left by hubby and there I was at 8.55am outside Aldi, no queue and with the Mirror coupon a snip at £194.99, loads of other goodies also on offer so worth a look! Tellies looked good too!!

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Mine is currently plugged in to the computer doing updates.. It has been on for a little over an hour and it still has more than 3 hours to go !

May 30, 2012
Bristol
Funster No
MH
PVC Vantage Neo
Exp
25 years
Got that to look forward to later then.......boys toys! Wonder why we don't have girls toys?

StickyWicket

Free Member
Jan 29, 2014
Ashford, Kent
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Just got back from Halfords - went armed with Aldi printout - they price matched with no problem and had one in stock. They said they would price match today even if they had to order one in. The price instore is around £330. A big thank you to the starter of this thread and to the poster who said about Hafords price matching. Another great example of being a member of motorhomefun! Thanks again.......

May 30, 2012
Bristol
Funster No
MH
PVC Vantage Neo
Exp
25 years
Let's hope we don't all meet travelling down the same tiny backstreet lane with no passing places!! But you are right about the info here. Funsters strike again!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back