Aldi Telescopic Ladders (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
I seen many MH's with Telescopic Ladders. I may be of interest to others that Aldi have them on sale this Sunday at £79.99.

colyboy

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
might be worth shopping around
That's a definite with that sort of thing as there are various makes which appear to have different strengths and some are a lot heavier than others (which might be important for payload).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
I seen many MH's with Telescopic Ladders. I may be of interest to others that Aldi have them on sale this Sunday at £79.99.

colyboy

I want one of those,but that does seem abit steep.Seen a few on Ebay for nearly half that.But good thing with Aldi you can inspec
before you buy!

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Please beware there are many qualities with the ladders. A good one is a cracking bit of kit a bad one is nothing short of a liability. I've been in business for nearly 40 years in construction and believe me ladders of any type is not the kind of thing to skimp on !!!

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
You get what you pay for with these. I bought one this year and did a lot of research. In the end payed about £120 for mine. 4 metre with soft close, which means your fingers don't get chopped off when you let it down. Very happy with it.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
I've no idea about this Aldi ladder...
...but isn't the point about Aldi/Lidl - you often get "more" than you paid for?
ie better quality than you could reasonably expect from the price point (y)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I have noticed over the past two years an awful lot of 'bargains' from Aldi and Lidl have been available elsewhere at considerably less
Not saying it is so in this case but even Halfrauds came out cheaper on a few 'special buys' last year !!

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
I've no idea about this Aldi ladder...
...but isn't the point about Aldi/Lidl - you often get "more" than you paid for?
ie better quality than you could reasonably expect from the price point (y)

Not for a second knocking the value of some Aldi/Lidle kit. My point is saving money on things like ladders could prove very costly indeed. I have an angle grinder from Lidle a 5 inch one I bought for grinding back brickwork prior to re pointing. Using expensive grinders in the very dusty conditions destroys them sometimes in hours never mind days. This Powerfix one has lasted about six days and is going strong. Epic wee machine ! But I would only trust quality kit when safety in a priority.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back