Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
..he saw me put the goods in my car and walk across the road to post my letter.

You should have told him you were posting a birthday card to your old friend, the Managing Director of Care Parking :)

'Care' Parking my arse.

Apr 26, 2014
Thornton Cleveleys
Funster No
MH
2004 Bessacarr E735
Exp
3 years
Same thing happened to Sue and I went in store told them date and time of shopping and a description of what she had bought and voila. They printed her a new receipt.
Emailed a copy to head office and never heard another thing.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonyandcarol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2016
Spilsby Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Niesman bischoff Fla
Exp
since 2005
just another semi legal scam in this country that our goverment let these crooks get away with. they are not fines they are a invoice to the driver of the car but are sent to the registerd keeper. they would threaten you to pay.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
As you didn't enter your registration they assume you exceeded your 1.5hrs limit regardless of actual stay time.
Though how anyone needs 1.5hrs to shop in Aldi beats me.
... haven't met my husband have you ... :rolleyes:

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
I would be taken to court and debt handed to debt collection company and baillif entitled to take property to value of outstanding 'debt'.

You have to have a judgement against you first, then they can hand over to bailiffs.
You can also not allow bailiffs to enter your home, they cannot force entry and are also limited to what they can remove.

High Court Sheriffs are different ball game all together.

Keep records of any communications including your first one my guess is that call has been recorded.

Dazcaz

Free Member
May 1, 2017
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
14 years of MHing. Many more Camping
9 time out of then they won't persue it any further than a couple of letters. Two choices. Ignore them, don't reply. Don't acknowledge receipt of the letter. If you are not wiling to take the risk pay up.
We got one a couple of years back and ignored it. Nothing heard. Some have been taken to court, but these are usually repeat offenders.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
The other thing is that these companies invite you yo pay the penalty payment OR these have assumed the right to increase the charges on a compounding basis. How do they assume these rights? I could assume rights over them with as much legal authority.

MandM

Free Member
Mar 27, 2016
Inland Waterways
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Since 2015
Parking Eye is owned and operated by Capita. There is a great deal of evidence of Capita and their actions, but it is a very lucrative business for DVLA and Crapita. Last year DVLA sold on more than 5 million owners details to companies. Private firms only pay £2.50 for your details. They charge you £80 or more. Online applications for registered keepers details via the Electronic Vehicle Record Inquiries system have gone up 150 per cent since 2006/07. Over that period nearly £37million has been paid to the DVLA for access to 14.6million records.

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Though how anyone needs 1.5hrs to shop in Aldi beats me.

Hmm... The Aldi at Elland Road, Leeds is on the same retail park as B&Q, Maplins and BUrger King.
So if you need (as we recently did) to buy some paint from B&Q, osme groceries from Aldi, some elctronic bits and bobs from Maplins and then (exhausted) have a bite to eat at BK, it is fairly easy to go over the 2 hour limit.
Also we stopped today to do some shopping at Morley and noticed that outside the entrance to B&M there is a sign saying that the Manager has no authority to do anything about "fines" for overstaying in their car park (managed of course by Parking Eye)

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Last year DVLA sold on more than 5 million owners details to companies. Private firms only pay £2.50 for your details.
I don't dispute you for one minute @MandM, but I do honestly wonder how DVLA, a Government Agency, are allowed to get away with doing that. :mad:

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Why doesn't the place they work provide parking, shouldn't be allowed to set up if they have t got parking for their workers, or like the factories here used to and provide a dedicated works bus.
They aren't allowed to have full parking for there workers. Any new build commercial or industrial or office space are restricted by the govrnment/council scum.
Planning & councils now reduce the amount of parking spaces to approximately 30% of possible employee requirements to force people to use other means of transport/public transport or pay for parking.
they want you paying to park outside towns in "help the thief" park & rides & paying for the privelige of shopping . I'm with @chaser & others in that I don't use anywhere that want me to pay to shop with them.

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
I have found Aldi to be extremely helpful. We spend well over £100 a week in our Aldi and some weeks have a valet done as well. Shopping can be difficult and there are times when we do go over the 1.5 hours. Aldi accept emails of receipts or card statements and have always got the charges cancelled for us.

Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
Parking Eye is owned and operated by Capita. There is a great deal of evidence of Capita and their actions, but it is a very lucrative business for DVLA and Crapita. Last year DVLA sold on more than 5 million owners details to companies. Private firms only pay £2.50 for your details. They charge you £80 or more. Online applications for registered keepers details via the Electronic Vehicle Record Inquiries system have gone up 150 per cent since 2006/07. Over that period nearly £37million has been paid to the DVLA for access to 14.6million records.

I do not understand how the DVLA are allowed to do this? You would think all our personal records ie addresses should be confidential. The Data Protection Act seems illogical sometimes, I have found I cannot even deal with utility companies concerning our household bills because the accounts are online and in OH's name!

Aug 4, 2011
West sussex
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessacarr E460
Exp
15 years
I agree with cliffdale, I ignored my penalty notice and they finally went away. Like he says it's just how brave you are.

Apr 20, 2017
Wirksworth, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Exp
Since 2006
Crikey, there are some complicated arrangements out there! Not allowed to step off the car park, having to enter your reg number on leaving.. Whereabouts in the country are these? The most sophisticated one we have around here is Sainsbury's in Matlock, which reads your number plate and the sign obligingly tells you when you can park until. I'd better look more carefully at parking rules in unfamiliar places from now on.

Jul 4, 2016
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
V-Line 636 Sport
That's brilliant, I thought unusual as these companies are in it for the money! Great news and worry over!

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Crikey, there are some complicated arrangements out there! Not allowed to step off the car park, having to enter your reg number on leaving.. Whereabouts in the country are these? The most sophisticated one we have around here is Sainsbury's in Matlock, which reads your number plate and the sign obligingly tells you when you can park until. I'd better look more carefully at parking rules in unfamiliar places from now on.
Quite right the only store we have in uttoxeter that charges is Asda and that's only a pound for two hours and they give you that back if you spend five pounds, comes as hell of a shock when we visit other places and have to start looking what and where you have to pay, and all these dire consequences if you fail to find out:(

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Great result!

Just a thought for all of us who use 'free' parking opportunities:

It's probably a good idea to re-read the signs on carparks which you regularly use. Two of the ones we park on have recently changed their rules.

The one in Wellington (Shropshire) requires you to get a ticket from the machine and display it, still giving you 3 hours free parking but obviously they now know when you got there.

The other is Tesco's in Kidderminster which also gives you 3 hours free parking but you now have to into the store, spend a minimum of £5 for which you get a code to enter into a machine before you leave.

Sometimes it's just easier to 'pay and display'!

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Great result!

Just a thought for all of us who use 'free' parking opportunities:

It's probably a good idea to re-read the signs on carparks which you regularly use. Two of the ones we park on have recently changed their rules.

The one in Wellington (Shropshire) requires you to get a ticket from the machine and display it, still giving you 3 hours free parking but obviously they now know when you got there.

The other is Tesco's in Kidderminster which also gives you 3 hours free parking but you now have to into the store, spend a minimum of £5 for which you get a code to enter into a machine before you leave.

Sometimes it's just easier to 'pay and display'!
The only sensible road is get a ticket on the way in and pay for however long you have been there on the way out, on an increasing scale if needbe , but then you would have no parking fines and pay for what you use.
Job finished there and then, no need for cameras or any wardens , except maybe the odd one just in case something goes wrong, no letters nothing, just to simple I suppose and not keeping sharks in employment.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Just another example of "rip-off Britain" then?. The motorist per-se is the biggest "Cash Cow" this country has. The latest idea is to make all vehicle "Electric"!. In a country where we have a 5% short fall most winters, (made up with French Nuclear `lecky)!. And they have closed all the Coal Fired Stations without a "plan B". If this was a Carry on Film it would be hilarious!.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun