Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
Wandering in Europe
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Many years
I just refuse to park at any store that charges for parking or even this sort of controlled free parking unless I justhave no other choice, Asda in uttoxeter charge a pound but fair enough give it you back at the till but will always go the extra half mile to Tesco just because of this, maybe I'm a silly old bugger and the difference in price might come to more than the pound but it's just ingrained in.
You don't get any of this hassle in France at any store so what's different here.

Congestion.
Thats what is different.
Massively more congestion. Roughly twice the number of vehicles in a country roughly 5 times smaller. But the same sense of entitlement about my road my car my space.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
I just refuse to park at any store that charges for parking or even this sort of controlled free parking unless I justhave no other choice, Asda in uttoxeter charge a pound but fair enough give it you back at the till but will always go the extra half mile to Tesco just because of this, maybe I'm a silly old bugger and the difference in price might come to more than the pound but it's just ingrained in.
You don't get any of this hassle in France at any store so what's different here.
Greed !!!!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Chocy boy
Dec 20, 2010
birmingham
Funster No
MH
kon-tiki 669. mazda bongo
Exp
since2011
That information is on there own page. They will only tell you the cases won not lost

Jul 4, 2016
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
V-Line 636 Sport
OP
OP
Chocy boy
Dec 20, 2010
birmingham
Funster No
MH
Exp
since2011
I have just checked my Tesco card. Checked for ALDI and my last nine transactions with them showed. Including the day in Question.
As Jimbohorlicks stated say you entered incorrect number.
My reg number is h1ojp my email is hiojp so that is what as happened.
Will pop in to ALDI tomorrow to see the manager.

OP
OP
Chocy boy
Dec 20, 2010
birmingham
Funster No
MH
Exp
since2011
As you didn't enter your registration they assume you exceeded your 1.5hrs limit regardless of actual stay time.
Though how anyone needs 1.5hrs to shop in Aldi beats me.
Only one till opened as usual

OP
OP
Chocy boy
Dec 20, 2010
birmingham
Funster No
MH
Exp
since2011
We got one for being over the marked bay first £60 then it kept going up to £360 then they threatened with debt collection company funny thing was it was all from the same address in Liverpool or Manchester.
Never did pay it
Steve was it Jacobs.

OP
OP
Chocy boy
Dec 20, 2010
birmingham
Funster No
MH
Exp
since2011
Don't think so,,if there was no enforcement local workers would park all day and regular shoppers like you and me would be unable to park,,Put yourself in Aldis shoes,,they provide a car park for SHOPPERS,,,BUSBY.
I totally agree but I was hoping there

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Don't think so,,if there was no enforcement local workers would park all day and regular shoppers like you and me would be unable to park,,Put yourself in Aldis shoes,,they provide a car park for SHOPPERS,,,BUSBY.
Why doesn't the place they work provide parking, shouldn't be allowed to set up if they have t got parking for their workers, or like the factories here used to and provide a dedicated works bus.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
In that case why not just put a ticket machine and barrier in. ...fee returnable at till ...win win .

Jul 4, 2016
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
V-Line 636 Sport
This is simply no longer true.
Recent court judgements have set a precedent.
Research Parking Eye vs Barry Beavis November 2015
If you research the case, Beavis accepts there was a contract, the dispute was over requisite loss for the land owner. The contract dispute does not come into the Beavis case and therefore is disregarded by courts.

Again. It is worth a read.

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2016/11/horizon-parking-youve-been-gladstoned.html

But having said this, it will take some hard guts to take on the fake demands by a third party.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Congestion.
Thats what is different.
Massively more congestion. Roughly twice the number of vehicles in a country roughly 5 times smaller. But the same sense of entitlement about my road my car my space.
^^ This ^^
Plus motorists going to great lengths to avoid any parking fees plus abusing free facilities.
We have quite a large free car park in Market Deeping's town centre & it was always busy. Very busy.
Recently they've instituted a Parking Eye style management system, you get 2 hours, more than enough to visit every shop in the town. If you happen to need more, visit to pub or cafe then park in the lower area for 4 hours free parking.
Guess what ? Its now half empty! Not because of fewer visitors to the town. No, but because the Peterborough commuters used to park there & catch the bus into the city, 10 miles away.
Not what the parking facility was provided for.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
If you research the case, Beavis accepts there was a contract, the dispute was over requisite loss for the land owner. The contract dispute does not come into the Beavis case and therefore is disregarded by courts.

Again. It is worth a read.

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2016/11/horizon-parking-youve-been-gladstoned.html

But having said this, it will take some hard guts to take on the fake demands by a third party.
I don't believe this case is relevant as it pertains to forbidding parking thus is a case of trespass...
Aldi Parking is permissive ie allowed subject to time limits.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi @Carol... mine is with Care parking. I only parked for 20 minutes total. I sent them copy of my receipt for goods .... but I had crossed the road to post a letter .. time taken 3minutes. The notice says you arn't allowed to step off the car park.

At the moment their last contact says taking me to court and threatened baillifs.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Yesterday on the way home from a day out we pulled into a service area off the A49 because daughter felt sick and needed a loo. The parking area was dedicated to McDonalds, and as I pulled in to a bay I noticed the inevitable CCTV camera covering the entrance, so as daughter got out the car I pulled straight out again and drove over to the Starbucks parking nearby, where my Missus bought a takeaway coffee. It'll be interesting to see if Ronald McDonald pursues it, maybe threatening to send Hamburglar round to recover goods to the value of my debts.

362626-l.jpg

Creeping Fascism the lot of it.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We were given a similar ticket at an ALDI store in Ayr, we hadn't been anywhere else, just having a leisurely stroll round the new shop & chatting with friends. The allocated time is 90mins. By the time we got the notification which came by post with a lovely photo of our moho, we'd lost the receipt. ALDI head office were unhelpful, so we told them to stick their ticket where the monkey sticks its nuts! The advice I was given is that ALDI cannot enforce the fine & we've never heard any more about it. That was about a year ago.

Laws are different in Scotland

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Aldi in Dover have two hours, AND, a NO RETURN IN 4 HOURS. Drive in see no places, go away come back in 3 hours and get booked??????? And go in on the 2nd of the month, drive out with a car in front or back in a queue, come back 3 days on the 5th and get clocked going out, get a ticket for three days.?????????? the system in not foolproof

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Hi @Carol... mine is with Care parking. I only parked for 20 minutes total. I sent them copy of my receipt for goods .... but I had crossed the road to post a letter .. time taken 3minutes. The notice says you arn't allowed to step off the car park.

At the moment their last contact says taking me to court and threatened baillifs.
Why isn't there a "horrified" button I can click? If you are prepared to take them on I am sure you can get off - their stipulation you can only park if you stay in their designated area has to be wrong in law. And any evidence they present (video I assume) could open them up to a charge of stalking. :(

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Why isn't there a "horrified" button I can click? If you are prepared to take them on I am sure you can get off - their stipulation you can only park if you stay in their designated area has to be wrong in law. And any evidence they present (video I assume) could open them up to a charge of stalking. :(

Apparently they employ men to drive around their car parks watching for people to leave the car park...

Their 'man' saw me leave the shop with goods .. 15 mins after I arrived (I am allowed 2 hrs) .... he saw me put the goods in my car and walk across the road to post my letter. This is when he must have raced to put the ticket on my windscreen. I came back over and the time on my receipt was 3 minutes bdfore the time on the ticket and five minutes from that time as I went to security man at door of shop. He said their car park was not owned by them but by Care Parking. He gave me a number to phone ... I did .. from my car. They said send a copy of receipt and ticket but I had broken their rules by stepping off the car park. I sent the copies.

They sent me a letter 6 weeks later stating because I had ignored the ticket and not appealed (I did same day) my fine had now increased etc etc.

I wrote back by email stating as above. They then replied that my appeal was turned down, stated a Popla number and I would be taken to court and debt handed to debt collection company and baillif entitled to take property to value of outstanding 'debt'.

I have to date ignored that letter.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
I parked at the Aldi in Bolton and got a ticket. It's a parking charge NOT a parking penalty. I trawled the websites and took the advice to ignore it. The car was registered to SWMBO and although she was concerned, I said just ignore it and they wrote again and I ignored again. No more threatening letters from the private/public eye company. Ta dah.

Deleted User
Apparently they employ men to drive around their car parks watching for people to leave the car park...

Their 'man' saw me leave the shop with goods .. 15 mins after I arrived (I am allowed 2 hrs) .... he saw me put the goods in my car and walk across the road to post my letter. This is when he must have raced to put the ticket on my windscreen. I came back over and the time on my receipt was 3 minutes bdfore the time on the ticket and five minutes from that time as I went to security man at door of shop. He said their car park was not owned by them but by Care Parking. He gave me a number to phone ... I did .. from my car. They said send a copy of receipt and ticket but I had broken their rules by stepping off the car park. I sent the copies.

They sent me a letter 6 weeks later stating because I had ignored the ticket and not appealed (I did same day) my fine had now increased etc etc.

I wrote back by email stating as above. They then replied that my appeal was turned down, stated a Popla number and I would be taken to court and debt handed to debt collection company and baillif entitled to take property to value of outstanding 'debt'.

I have to date ignored that letter.

I got caught in exactly the same way at a retail park in Bury at the bottom of Walmersley road, KFC & a few others,must admit that I had been away longer than a few minutes, man in van on site watching said he gave me ten minutes and then a ticket.

I paid because we use our Son's address and didn't want him to have problems, I had parked in the same spot and done the same thing several times before though, I think they have changed the restrictions there now.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back