Aldi bargain drills. (1 Viewer)

Oct 11, 2019
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Converting a Van
Exp
I'm a Total Newbie!
I was in the market for an electric screwdriver after my Dad, in his infinite wisdom, chucked away the charger for my old one. :cautious:

Those that shop in Aldi will know that you often go in for a pint of milk and leave with something totally unplanned and totally random. Like a lawn mower, new TV, or a garden bench.

Well today while shopping for my shielding Grandparents I happed across a drill, complete with screwdriver and hammer drive functions for less than £25, including a battery.

Didn’t expect it to be good but I’ve used it today and it’s as good as anything I’ve ever used and has a warranty of a few years. It’s sinking hefty screws through thick blocks of wood with ease and drilling through things like a hot knife through butter.

It might not (or perhaps it will) last as long as a posh make like Dewalt but for £25 if I finish the van conversation I reckon it will be good value with the cheapest I’ve seen being a lot more and not including a battery.

So if you’re in the market for a cheap and cheerful drill, heads up.

9DC3F6CD-7943-45E7-8031-31A426B21A2A.jpeg

Jamesh

Free Member
Jun 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Caravaning since 2010
Very simalar to worx drills.

Good drill

Cheers James

bluebenz1

Free Member
Feb 17, 2019
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
im a newbie
I'm a professional kitchen fitter/builder etc etc, and have expensive tools for the job i do....That Aldi drill...what can I say...For that price you cant go wrong....I often think that should I start again in my trade why would I spend a fortune on expensive new tools...use it for as long as it lasts...then buy another new one....!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
My business was exhibitions, where tools have been to walk. I've always used cheap electrical tools, string with French Hypermarkets back in the day and progressing to Aldi/Lidl. Never had a problem with quality,

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
At that price get 2. Leave a screw bit in one and drill bit in the other. Its what I do, although I use a DeWalt for the drill because it has a metal gearbox and I use the hammer feature often. I think the Aldi one has a olastic gearbox and the one I have doesn’t have hammer action. Great piece if kit all the same and it gets used a lot.
a plumber who was doing some work for me borrowed my Aldi drill and was impressed with it and he uses Very expensive Hilti power tools.

OP
OP
CamperJack
Oct 11, 2019
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Converting a Van
Exp
I'm a Total Newbie!
The Aldi drill packed up today after some serious abuse for a year and a bit building this van.

Just bought a new toy! £80 for the drill and two batteries and three year warranty.💸💸

As the van is nearing completion I doubt this one will take as much abuse.

Attachments

• IMG_20210817_175419.jpg
    IMG_20210817_175419.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 31

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
I have one of those , in fact the set, drill, drill/driver etc, and for a diy'er I cant rate them enough, esp with the 4 and 5ah battery

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
I bought one of these when they were about £45 a few years ago. Been fantastic for the price, used loads and having a 2nd battery is great.

Bolti

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 13, 2017
Hondon Valley and the Kellets
Funster No
MH
Rapido V43
Exp
Since 2015
The Aldi drill packed up today after some serious abuse for a year and a bit building this van.

Just bought a new toy! £80 for the drill and two batteries and three year warranty.💸💸

As the van is nearing completion I doubt this one will take as much abuse.
Why don't you phone the Aldi help line about your drill assuming you kept the receipt.
As they will have no more in stock, they will ask you to return it to your nearest store and give you a full refund.
I won't buy tools anywhere else.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
I
I was in the market for an electric screwdriver after my Dad, in his infinite wisdom, chucked away the charger for my old one. :cautious:

Those that shop in Aldi will know that you often go in for a pint of milk and leave with something totally unplanned and totally random. Like a lawn mower, new TV, or a garden bench.

Well today while shopping for my shielding Grandparents I happed across a drill, complete with screwdriver and hammer drive functions for less than £25, including a battery.

Didn’t expect it to be good but I’ve used it today and it’s as good as anything I’ve ever used and has a warranty of a few years. It’s sinking hefty screws through thick blocks of wood with ease and drilling through things like a hot knife through butter.

It might not (or perhaps it will) last as long as a posh make like Dewalt but for £25 if I finish the van conversation I reckon it will be good value with the cheapest I’ve seen being a lot more and not including a battery.

So if you’re in the market for a cheap and cheerful drill, heads up.

View attachment 411208
If it's knackered then take it back, came with a 3 year guarantee I assume? Most aldi products do. I know someone (sad old so and so) who photos every receipt and keeps it on a spreadsheet so he can take things back - no it's certainly NOT me, just someone I know, who proudly boasts about it and he is absolutely loaded, with posh house, new car every two years etc - doesn't stop him from being a tosser though !!

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I

If it's knackered then take it back, came with a 3 year guarantee I assume? Most aldi products do. I know someone (sad old so and so) who photos every receipt and keeps it on a spreadsheet so he can take things back - no it's certainly NOT me, just someone I know, who proudly boasts about it and he is absolutely loaded, with posh house, new car every two years etc - doesn't stop him from being a tosser though !!
My bro-in-laws .ma-in-law returns everything Lidl or Aldi after 2 years & 11 months for replacement or refund.

** they advise you to scan/photocpy receipts here when you buy as they will fade even in a darkened filing cabinet & then you have no recourse.

Jamesh

Free Member
Jun 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Caravaning since 2010
I have the cordless circular saw from Aldi which is good on sheet materials and up to 1" timber. Above that it struggles but that's to be expected.

Cheers James

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back