Free Member
Jun 12, 2015
kent
Funster No
MH
burstner t star 695
Exp
since 2010
so i have an old alden satalite system with the half moon ssc unit, i have been told i just need to upgrade the ssc.I have looked at the alden website and found this
Link Removed is this what i need or am i missing something don't want to waste money then find i needed another box.thanks for any help

May 20, 2009
Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
so i have an old alden satalite system with the half moon ssc unit, i have been told i just need to upgrade the ssc.I have looked at the alden website and found this
Link Removed is this what i need or am i missing something don't want to waste money then find i needed another box.thanks for any help
Contact vanbitz as they are Alden suppliers Link Removed also 10% off for funsters(y)

OP
OP
nobby &noo

nobby &noo

Free Member
Jun 12, 2015
kent
Funster No
MH
burstner t star 695
Exp
since 2010
i did it was them that told me to look on alden website

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
Perhaps you could clarify a few things. What's a half moon ssc unit? Do you have an automatic or manual dish?

If you have an old system, you may just need to upgrade to a digital LNB (the thing at the end of the dish arm).

What's the actual problem?

OP
OP
nobby &noo

nobby &noo

Free Member
Jun 12, 2015
kent
Funster No
MH
burstner t star 695
Exp
since 2010
its an automatic dish and it doesn't lock on to any satalites.the half moon just refers to the shape of the ssc unit most now seem to be oblong boxes.Don't know how old it is as it was on the mh when we got it.There is an update sheet dated 2011 so i my need to upgrade the unit and lnb

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
Thanks for the clarification. Has the dish previously locked onto satellites? If so, there have been some changes to the satellite transponder frequencies used to lock-on to satellites.

Failing that, I assume the ssc is the satellite controller, possibly combined with the control panel.

Oyster customers with older systems had to cough up £500 to upgrade to the latest system which involved a new control panel and presumably satellite controller. The Oyster Vision 2 system has a separate control panel and satellite controller box.

Best of luck - just hope it's just the satellite frequencies that need to be adjusted.

OP
OP
nobby &noo

nobby &noo

Free Member
Jun 12, 2015
kent
Funster No
MH
burstner t star 695
Exp
since 2010
thanks for your input it has never locked on since we have had it.i believe your assumption on the ssc is right it seems to do everything
So the box in my link to the site mght be all i need

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
Your link took me to Satmatic HD M. Following the links on that page sent me to a satellite receiver.

Suggest you get back to VanBitz and ask for a link to this "ssc" thingy.

Perhaps @eddievanbitz will reply to this post.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
i did it was them that told me to look on alden website
@nobby &noo I have got a new type SSC that was in my van it's been taken out because when in Europe over winter the dish jammed and I had to take it off the roof so Idecided to go for an Oyster system there is also a 60cm onelite dish and arm with single LNB you can have the lot for £50 but you'll need to either collect or pay postage. Give us PM if interested.Its only about 18 months old the fault was in the dish motors the controller was recently updated for me by Miriad as we had problems with locking to Astra 2 it all worked well until dish jammed.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back