Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
Hi All
My 2016 Rapido has the Aldi wet heating system fitted its the 3020 system and after browsing through the brochure it appears you can control it from your phone.

My question is does this come as standard or is it an extra as it needs another control panel where the sim card needs to be inserted and I don't know where this may be located if it's ever been fitted or do I need to get the sim card holder/controller fitted as an extra

Cheers LB

Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
Hi All
My 2016 Rapido has the Aldi wet heating system fitted its the 3020 system and after browsing through the brochure it appears you can control it from your phone.

My question is does this come as standard or is it an extra as it needs another control panel where the sim card needs to be inserted and I don't know where this may be located if it's ever been fitted or do I need to get the sim card holder/controller fitted as an extra

Cheers LB
If you have the Swift Command system, it can remotely control the Alde 3020 heating via your phone

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
The OP says he has a 'Rapido' which does not have the same Control Panel/System that 'Swift' use. :eek:

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Looked at this at the NEC one year, I think the cost to get it added to existing 3020 system was around 300.00, for what it added not worth it for us.

cornish boy

Free Member
Jul 24, 2016
Body in Hampshire, heart in Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki 669.
Exp
not so newbie anymore - since 2016
We have control of the heating via the Sargent control system on our Kon Tiki.

To be honest it is more of a feature rather than a benefit, used about twice (just because I could) but mostly put the ALDE on automatic and let the thermostat do the work.

The best and most important benefit we have is the remote ability to prevent arguments through being able to turn off (or on) the lights from the iphone or ipad when we have both gone to bed and realise a light is left on at the other end of the motorhome! (y)

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
I think the main idea with the Alde phone app is that you can phone up and have the water and heating to temperature when you arrive at the vehicle - not really intended to use it from the bed at the rear of the van. :LOL:

cornish boy

Free Member
Jul 24, 2016
Body in Hampshire, heart in Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki 669.
Exp
not so newbie anymore - since 2016
I think the main idea with the Alde phone app is that you can phone up and have the water and heating to temperature when you arrive at the vehicle - not really intended to use it from the bed at the rear of the van. :LOL:

Yep, I fully understood what Lanerboy was referring to. The sargent system also allows control locally via bluetooth or remotely by phone. We use our motorhome all year round and have never had the need to ring the van and turn on the heating. The alde wet heating is not instant heat so it tends to be turned on already if it is, or likely to be, cold. As I said, I have used it about twice to turn up the temperature but only because I could, not because it was needed.

As I said, good feature but not a great benefit.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back