Alde Tips and Tricks (1 Viewer)

Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
We are new to Alde heating and hot water but over the last seven days/nights of very cold weather it has worked well. I have set the system for both night and day so that the MH is cooler whilst we sleep and the temperature rises when the day setting kicks in about an hour before we normally get up. The only problem has been showering in the morning. If we get up well after the van has reached the set interior temperature and the boiler has stopped the hot water will have cooled and there is not enough for two good showers. I have tried the different water priorities setting but even on the highest it is not enough. Does anyone have a tip or trick to get around this anomaly?

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
On ours (3010 controller) there's a hot water boost function that heats the water in the boiler to a higher temperature than normal for showering. I find that boosting it for 20 minutes or so gives plenty of hot water for a shower.

Don't forget that the boiler only holds about 10 litres and with the best will in the world that isn't enough for two showers unless they are very quick ones.

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
We always leave 5-10 minutes between showers to allow the water to heat up again.
As stated above the hot tank only holds 10 litres. if you use 5 litres for the first shower, that means that 5 litres of cold has been added to the hot water tank.
It needs a few minutes to heat up that cold water.
Re the extra hot water setting, when on EHU this uses a 2kw setting instead of 1kw . on some sites this can be enough to trip the supply.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Re the extra hot water setting, when on EHU this uses a 2kw setting instead of 1kw . on some sites this can be enough to trip the supply.

We don't bother using it on electric at all unless enough power is available to use the 3kW setting. I find the 1kW pointless and the gas still much better than the 2kW.

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
If I need to boost it, I usually leave it on EHU heat and gas. Heats up very quickly for a couple of toasty showers :)

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I must admit that we are new to Alde to. But we find it works well.

We have the 3020 system. We don't bother with automatic settings because we go to bed and get up when we feel like it rather than at set times. So we just do everything manually. I turn the temperature down when we go to bed. When I first get up I turn the temperature up and it soon warms up by the time I have made cups of tea for us both. As soon as it does I give the hot water maximum priority and then one of us goes into the shower. Normally about 20 minutes later the other one of us goes in. We find that we both have hot water without a problem.

We are used to the Truma, and we did similar with that too. What we like about the Alde is the fact that it is a lot quieter and gives a more even heat around all of the van.

Mar 5, 2016
Trefin/Porthgain
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
If you have central heating pump set on constant as opposed to thermo hot water boost will not operate. Night setting works great but boiler under bed kicking in at 6.30 wake's her indoors up so have had to change to 7.30 and get up and make tea and turn hot water boost on, by the time tea and toast are made place is boiling and so is water system. Only taken 2 years to work out and forgot to say dog poop walk can be fitted in during this process if they are desperate!

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
If you leave the circulation pump on constant it is likely to burn out prematurely and, at £120 a pop, is not recommended.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back