Jun 28, 2011
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Swift bolero
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hello all
I've got the above system in my motorhome,bolero 722fb. When is it recommended to drain the system down now that winter is approaching. We use the motorhome at least once a month. When parked outside home do I have to drain every time a frost is forecast or before a certain temp drop.
Please advise as wife is driving me bonkers over this issue.

Richard

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
For peace of mind (and a quiet life) fill it with antifreeze

From Alde web site

A mix of 60% water, 40% ethylene glycol antifreeze in the UK, or a 50/50 mix for the rest of Europe.

Ethylene glycol antifreeze is also used for car radiator systems, and is commonly available from fuel stations and car accessory retailers.

Alde UK use Comma Super Coldmaster Concentrated Antifreeze with 2 year Longlife protection. Castrol Antifreeze NF (Grade Code 1729) with 2 year service life is also suitable. Water should be clean, fresh water

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Have owned three vans with an Alde system and as they are glycol based never need draining down. I used to run the system periodically in winter even though the boiler was drained down fully. Excellent system, makes all the other units in motorhomes barbaric.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
had it in my Abbey twin axle for my last 3 years of tugging and a brilliant system, my dealer told me as it had anti freeze in not to touch it so it was not drained for the 3 winters I owned it and it was fine.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back