Alde heating issue (1 Viewer)

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
I have alde heating in my carthago and it has the small square control panelbabout 3 inch square

I don't understand why the temp setting keeps resetting itself to 21° after I have set it at 5° earlier in the day

I have checked all the different day modes, night modes, timers etc and everything is turned off but I can set the room temp to say 5° then the next day it will say 21° and heating will be trying to kick in

Anyone got any ideas please

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
The panel will display whatever the room temp is, check you haven’t messed with the bottom line settings by mistake. (y)

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
You could try resetting the system. This video shows how - it's in German but you will understand what they are doing.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Lanerboy

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
The panel will display whatever the room temp is, check you haven’t messed with the bottom line settings by mistake. (y)

Hi the temp reading I am talking about is the one in between the + and - symbol that you alter to set the required temp I set it last night at 5° and it still says that but later today or tomorrow it will revert back to 21° but it should stay at the temp I have set it at 5°
The display for the room temp that is actual temp now us on the previous screen the home screen as I would call it
All timer settings etc are turned off

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I think you have the colour touch screen?

Maybe just try a different value to 5, could just be an odd software thing

But a call to Alde UK I am confident they will either know the issue or sort it for you

Korgrocker

Free Member
Jan 22, 2019
Dunfermline
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 285 - 2018
Exp
Since 2013
Do you have the day setting set at 21°, and you're setting 5° when you are in the night setting? If that is the case then it will automatically switch between settings at the set times. Just a thought....

May 5, 2014
Essex
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2011
Give Alde a ring, 01933677765, we recently had a service and fluid change there, they are very nice folk.
Cheers
Ed

Ditto that. Give Alde UK a ring. We had our heating and fluid serviced a couple of weeks ago in Wellingborough - first class facility and customer service.

alanalmoff

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
March
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2001
Blank screen,
I have been tracing out the controls for the Alde 3010, it has a control panel
image.jpeg
by the side door, another lsolater on the oppersite side of the van after hours of searching found another stupid isolater behind where the tv sits, hot water but no heating, I did mess with bottom line settings, we are in Spain, left the instructions at home, there is this valve, pictured, which gets very hot,, any one knows what it supposed to do?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    86.6 KB · Views: 22

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Blank screen,
I have been tracing out the controls for the Alde 3010, it has a control panel View attachment 343151by the side door, another lsolater on the oppersite side of the van after hours of searching found another stupid isolater behind where the tv sits, hot water but no heating, I did mess with bottom line settings, we are in Spain, left the instructions at home, there is this valve, pictured, which gets very hot,, any one knows what it supposed to do?
I believe it is an automatic air release and pressure relief valve.

Martin

alanalmoff

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
March
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2001
It does look like anAAV, but there is a pair of wires going to it, and it gets very hot, the pipe that's it's attached to remains cold?
It's on our Bailey Unicorn Seville caravan 2012 vintage

alanalmoff

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
March
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2001
I believe it is an automatic air release and pressure relief valve.

Martin
You were dead right, it's an AAV, what I thought was a pair of wires, was an drain pipe! Thanks, Alan

alanalmoff

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
March
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2001
What I couldn't make out, there is a pair of identical connectors on the pcb, one labelled 12v, one 240v, both going into a sleeve going to the pump, but only one pair of wires coming out at the pump, where is the other pair? Answer, in side the sleeve, they are joined in parralell, so I left the 240v unplugged, to be on the safe side, heater now working fine

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back