Alde heating installation in Hymer B-Class (1 Viewer)

Apr 26, 2019
Lightwater, Surrey
Funster No
MH
Hymer B674 SL
Exp
Since 2013
My Hymer B-class arrived yesterday, and has Alde heating which I've not had before, so was interested to inspect the various components.

The boiler unit is installed in the double floor, under the lounge seating, with a relatively large section of the floor cut out above it. I wonder if this cutout is necessary, as it prevents me using the area under the seat for storage?

Also, adjacent to the boiler there is an open mesh vent to the underside of the van, which seems at odds with the idea of a fully insulated double-floor!

Photos are attached showing the cutout and vent. Can anyone confirm if this is a normal configuration?

Attachments

• IMG_6605.jpg
    IMG_6605.jpg
    730.6 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_6604.jpg
    IMG_6604.jpg
    643.5 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_6603.jpg
    IMG_6603.jpg
    693.1 KB · Views: 43
Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
The vent is to allow gas to escape in the event of a leak. You will find one below any internal gas connection. The cut-out above is likely for access to the boiler. Provided covering it doesn't go closer than allowed (see boiler manual) it will be OK to cover the cut-out.

OP
OP
D
Apr 26, 2019
Lightwater, Surrey
Funster No
MH
Hymer B674 SL
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks Tony, that makes sense.

I'm also curious to see whether a Truma Saphir aircoin unit can be installed in this space above the boiler, as there is nowhere else available apart from the garage, which I'd rather keep as-is.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back