Alde Heating (Blower for cab and Lounge) (1 Viewer)

Toekneebee

Free Member
Apr 22, 2018
Funster No
just wondered if anyone might be able to help.
My Autocruise August Alde Central Heating works fine except the Blower that puts warm air the in cab and lounge area No longer works. Flicking the switch in front nearside storage locker does nothing and I have checked the fuses in offside front storage locker and all appear to be ok. Just wondered if another fuse is connected to the blower and if so where it might be located. Any advices would be gratefully appreciated.
Thank you.l

TCG

Jul 6, 2017
Salford Priors
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Hi
Are you sure it’s an Alde system and not Truma... I was not aware that Alde did a blower system. But always ready and willing to be corrected

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
Hi
Are you sure it’s an Alde system and not Truma... I was not aware that Alde did a blower system. But always ready and willing to be corrected
Our Rapido also has a blower that vents into the lounge area, it is a simple extra heat exchanger with a 12v fan blowing through a grill at floor level.
Cheers
Ed

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Our Rapido also has a blower that vents into the lounge area, it is a simple extra heat exchanger with a 12v fan blowing through a grill at floor level.
Cheers
Ed
Ed, Does this have it's own switch or does it come on automatically when the Alde heating is on?

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
We had an Augusta which had the blower and switch on the n/s bench ... could be the fan has packed up or the small feed wires are damaged.
The radiator and fan are easily accessed by removing the boxing around it.

OP
OP
T

Toekneebee

Free Member
Apr 22, 2018
Funster No
Thanks for advices, it is a Alde heating system and it has indeed a fan in nearside locker with a single speed switch. I will dismantle housing and check wiring for anything loose with my test meter.
Thanks

Nov 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since April 2013
Do you have the alde system thermostat set to a high temperature for the pump to operate, but without the gas on , I assume you refer to heating while in motion ?

Feb 10, 2013
plymouth
Funster No
MH
Sprinter
Exp
off and on 30 years
Hi
Yes they do, it use's a small rad affair run in series with the main rads and a small fan .
On my bolero it does works OK.

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
Yes I have it and it works fine, there is one thing it can be thats the fan

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
We have the same thing under the drivers seat to blow extra warm air round the drivers feet. It's just an extra double rad with a two speed fan and with the switch beside the seat just above floor level. Never used it but do kick the switch on sometimes and then wonder where the slight whooshing sound is coming from.

Richard.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back