Alde coolant colour 🤔 (1 Viewer)

FarmerChris

Free Member
Dec 29, 2020
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessacar 560
My swift motorhome is only 2 years old. I have gone to top up the heating system and was expecting the liquid in the system to be pink but was infact blue.
Is this right, the leisuredirect website has an article showing modern alde system with pink coolant.
Could my dealer have PDI'd the system and filled with cheaper antifreeze. If so should I have the fluid changed.
What colour is yours and how old is it.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
it might still be the original fluid that should be fine for 2 years( from the time it was used to fill the system - not from the time the van was purchased), the pink fluid has a life of 5 years - not sure what the price difference is on initial cost

plenty of you tube videos showing how to do the change yourself if you feel confident enough?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Have seen a few posts now where people had new vans and only the 2 year fluid used. Penny pinching as I think the difference is very small.
Top up with some distilled water if you only need a bit then maybe look at getting it all changed to the 5 year stuff.

Last edited:

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Change it after 2 years (when convenient). It won't do anything magical whenever the clock strikes midnight - it's a gradual thing and 2yrs is conservative.
If doing it yourself (it's not too difficult), I'd flush it out well before adding the fresh as I don't think they mix very well.

OP
OP
F

FarmerChris

Free Member
Dec 29, 2020
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessacar 560
Thanks ever one for your prompt replies.
I was on the Alde stand back in February at the NEC and was told to top up with Alde fluid or VW 12++ or 13 which I happen to have hence my surprise about the colour.
Do you think they come from the manufactures ready filled or is it a dealer job?

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Thanks ever one for your prompt replies.
I was on the Alde stand back in February at the NEC and was told to top up with Alde fluid or VW 12++ or 13 which I happen to have hence my surprise about the colour.
Do you think they come from the manufactures ready filled or is it a dealer job?
The constructor buys it as a kit then chooses what fluid to use.

OP
OP
F

FarmerChris

Free Member
Dec 29, 2020
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessacar 560
The constructor buys it as a kit then chooses what fluid to use.
I'm surprised my Manufacturer didn't use just h2o with salt to stop it freezing.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
You can go to alde in Wellingborough.
You can park overnight on hook up if needed, and they do fluid change and check everything else.
You can phone them to book and get price. 5☆ rated.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I went Alde 2 years ago, that was the first service mine had had in 10 years 🤔😳

Alde told me then that they no longer offer the short life solution but we’re frustrated by manufacturers using their own alternatives

I will definitely be going back to Alde in three years 👍 for my next service or before if any work is needed at all

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
I have never known an Alde system being filled with pink from new ever.

It is always blue in the caravan world. Absolutely stupid as the price difference isn’t that great.

I changed mine with a submersible pump and a few fittings to connect to header tank and it was an easy job. Cost about £70 for all the bits and pink fluid.

If it is blue it needs changing ASAP.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I am a bit confused. Our Hymer came new with the short life fluid which is only supposed to last two years but it was yellow, not blue. I bought the pink version to top up, which seemed to mix OK with the yellow stuff.

In early November we went to Alde and they changed it to the pink stuff. Excellent professional service from them.

OP
OP
F

FarmerChris

Free Member
Dec 29, 2020
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessacar 560
I am a bit confused. Our Hymer came new with the short life fluid which is only supposed to last two years but it was yellow, not blue. I bought the pink version to top up, which seemed to mix OK with the yellow stuff.

In early November we went to Alde and they changed it to the pink stuff. Excellent professional service from them.
Leisure direct site explains well that colour is up to the manufacturers.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back