Alde Blue Heat Fail Continues... (1 Viewer)

Jan 2, 2021
Castle Donington
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 874
Exp
The Nightmare continues... but at least I have my cheap diesel heater as a back up, although no hot water option yet! Alde stated that the system needed to be serviced with the new pink 5 year fluid and by an approved Alde service rep. I did that on Saturday, Andrew from Trent Caravan Services came and replenished the system with the pink fluid and with the Alde Service Pump, but within an hour we had the Blue overheat fail again, both gas and electric failed the same way, but more so on electric supply? Andrew from Trent is a great guy, I would highly recommend him, I'm hoping he can find a solution with Alde on Monday morning, if not I guess I'll have to go to them. Not good for a system that is less than 3 years old and only 3000 miles on the clock, so little use!!

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
no expert on alde but as a domestic heating man i would think its either not circulating (pump? valve closed? system blocked)or not switching of when it reaches temerature (thermistor?) if it takes an hour to go to overheat i would think the latter

Upvote 0
Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Costa Blanca Spain
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
no expert on alde but as a domestic heating man i would think its either not circulating (pump? valve closed? system blocked)or not switching of when it reaches temerature (thermistor?) if it takes an hour to go to overheat i would think the latter
Common failure is the non return butterfly valve .

Absolute Tw@@ of A thing.

Ours failed twice, first time in the Pyrenees in -17c.

It was Christmas/New year in France with not a dealer anywhere near, even if they were open.

Good job I’m technically minded. God alone knows how someone new to motorhomes and no technical knowledge would have coped. Even if they carried a tool box !

Second time it happened. I just removed the cheap nylon butterFly from the heavy brass valve.

Always worked perfect after that.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Robb
Jan 2, 2021
Castle Donington
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 874
Exp
Hi John,

I'm bleeding fed up of bleeding. there is something else wrong, I've just got a bad one! I look forward to a day at Alde in Northampton to understand the system better and get a resolution

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back