Alcossebre: Las moreras camper stop v wildcamping. (1 Viewer)

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
We are on the fairly new Camper stop, las moreras, right in the town. EHU, toilets, showers, water , dumps and free WiFi (excellent can even stream TV). Love it here have in the past used the two sites here but the camper park means no lengthy walks or bike rides back to site. Its 300yds from the consum supermarket where just around the corner there is a bar showing English football. For all facilities its 12 euros a night but on a sliding scale down to only 9 euros if you stay 30+ days. For anyone looking for a wildcamping spot here we've just spotted 3 vans by the lighthouse. Follow the signs for Ribamar and where the road changes to a dirt track take the asphalted road to the right.

OP
OP
Parrot Face
Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
Sorry buy you're wrong. There's an English guy been here 3 months in a 36 foot Winnebago type vehicle. He had no problems getting in. There ate 8 pitches designed to take vehicles of this size.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Sorry buy you're wrong. There's an English guy been here 3 months in a 36 foot Winnebago type vehicle. He had no problems getting in. There ate 8 pitches designed to take vehicles of this size.
Good to know, I quite like the town but not so comfortable with Playa Tropicana as all the large pitches are taken with the annual CCC Rally when we are normally in that area, Oberst gruppen führer CCC Rally commandant said my 9.3 metre Flair would not fit on any pitches, so I could not have one of the extra large ones he had that were empty and the site could not let to me directly so we stayed on one of the smaller pitches which we fitted snugly. Bloody jobsworth.

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Good to know, I quite like the town but not so comfortable with Playa Tropicana as all the large pitches are taken with the annual CCC Rally when we are normally in that area
That's exactly why we avoid Tropicana now and this year stayed at Ribamar. However, next year we'll definitely be heading for the Camper stop - looks great. Thanks @Parrot Face

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dogeared

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 16, 2013
Blackburn
Funster No
MH
Eldiss autoquest 155
Exp
Since 2011
Not on camperstop, but a great aire in Peniscola, just up the road from Alcossebre, just behind the campsite Eden.
Normally about six or seven vans most nights, free, no services, two minutes walk to the beach, ten minute walk to town.

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Sorry but you're wrong. There's an English guy been here 3 months in a 36 foot Winnebago type vehicle. He had no problems getting in. There ate 8 pitches designed to take vehicles of this size.

Thanks, sometimes its nice to be wrong. :)

OP
OP
Parrot Face
Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
Thanks, sometimes its nice to be wrong. :)
But not nice to go the wrong way. You'll easily get your bus on here. The Englishman also said that he rung the camper park up and got them to reserve a large pitch. Something to think about if your heading this way.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Parrot Face
Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
When I arrived here I could swear that I passed this place about 10 years ago when it was a bit of a rubbish campsite. It turn out that it was and that's why it has a swimming pool waiting to be tidied up. Apparently when the campsite shut it was occupied by prostitutes who turned it into a Brothel !!

Mar 8, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2009
Stayed there for a couple of nights in October. Going to get very popular I suspect. Brilliant dog wash facility with ramp into wash area for bigger dogs, and hot water.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back