Alcodigital - Breathaliser Order (1 Viewer)

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
I ordered a pack of five breathalisers from alcodigital.co.uk on March 27th. I have now been told for the third time via a recorded message, ' that due to production problems at the Contralco factory in France ', my order will not be despatched until the end of July at the earliest.

Is anyone else waiting for, or had any of these breathalisers delivered? This company must be making a fortune out of everyone's money sitting in their bank account.:Angry::Angry::Angry:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Halfords have the correct ones on the shelf.. £5.99 for two ( from memory )

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
They are about €1.50 - €2 each at any Presse, Tabac or Pharmacie in France. Motorway service stations have them in their shop & for sale on ferries at slightly higher price.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Could not get any in Normandy

They are about €1.50 - €2 each at any Presse, Tabac or Pharmacie in France. Motorway service stations have them in their shop & for sale on ferries at slightly higher price.

I was unable to get any in Normandy last week.

Bob

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990
I got the runaround from them and asked for my money back - which they did straight away.

The ferries all have them too (as well as the placed mentioned above) and the tyre shops in france had them too. The one place I never saw any was in the supermarkets.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I thought JIM would add them to his stock

It was the sort of thing I thought JIM would have added to his store?????

Bob:Blush:

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
If you are buying them online or in UK to take to France just check they have the letters NF (stands for Normes France or Normale France--can't remember which it is)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
It was the sort of thing I thought JIM would have added to his store?????

Bob:Blush:

I haven't got a store as such Bob. Anyway, they are not needed till November, they will be available for pence by then

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
It was on the news, so it must be true ! In the Daily Mail also !!!

I haven't got a store as such Bob. Anyway, they are not needed till November, they will be available for pence by then

BBC News majored on this ! Legal as from July 1st. but lenient with the fines until November !:Cool::Cool::Cool:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
If you are buying them online or in UK to take to France just check they have the letters NF (stands for Normes France or Normale France--can't remember which it is)

Is there any particular type you must have as there are quite a few cheap ones on eBay???

Yes.. see above.
The cheap ones on eBay are

a) ruddy useless ( cos I was daft enough to buy one ages ago )
b) not to French conformity

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
They were on sale in the camping and caravan club magazine this month,......but i,ll buy their breathalysers when they pay our car tax and motoring fnes.:Cool:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
I ordered a pack of five breathalisers from alcodigital.co.uk on March 27th. I have now been told for the third time via a recorded message, ' that due to production problems at the Contralco factory in France ', my order will not be despatched until the end of July at the earliest.

Is anyone else waiting for, or had any of these breathalisers delivered? This company must be making a fortune out of everyone's money sitting in their bank account.:Angry::Angry::Angry:

This may be the reason...they can not meet demands
Canopus...I have just been reading...But I can not find the article...Some one in the old Sarkozy government are under investigation, they are or was some CONTROVERSY and may be involved with the contract company making them...the company had 78% of the sales, also because they have to have the NF stamp on them not many outsiders can make them.......And the company can not meet the demands of the blow in a bag.....the customs have seized 19,500 fake Chinese breathalysers ????? ..your best bet is to buy over here at Chemists or motorcar shops or on the boat coming across..I paid 1.25 euros each they should range from 1.00 to 1.50 euros each, any more than that you are having your skirt lifted:winky:

FOUND IT

Controversy on breathalyser law
June 27, 2012

CONTROVERSY surrounds the launch of the new breath test law on July 1 which forces drivers to carry a breathalyser in each vehicle or face a €11 fine (from November).

Drivers' groups have been protesting for some time that the law was pushed through by Interior Minister Claude Guéant and the Sarkozy government under pressure from a road safety group, I-Test - whose president is a senior executive with the No1 manufacturer of breath testing equipment, Contralco.

Now major news media have picked up on the story, with RTL and Sud Ouest asking if there has not been a conflict of interest.

I-Test president Daniel Orgeval is head of training at Contralco and the Hérault company had been in poor financial health for some time until the law was brought in.

Now, the new law - which recognises only equipment meeting the Norme Française standard - has meant an immediate boost as it opens a domestic market of 46 million motorists and two-wheeler users.

Contralco has taken 100 staff since last year on the back of a demand for five million tests a month - and now employs 174. It and South African company Red Line Products are the only two companies that meet the NF standard. Contralco has 78% of the market.

However, they are failing to meet demand, with shops across France reporting that they have run out of supplies. Earlier this month French customs officers seized 19,500 fake Chinese breathalysers in raids at Charles de Gaulle Airport, Marseille and Lyon.

Orgeval himself told Sud Ouest when contacted: "No, I don't spend my weekends with Claude Guéant; I was just very convincing in front of the MPs."

He added that he had been involved in road safety for 30 years and said I-test was not unusual in having industry representatives on board.

* Although the law comes into force on July 1 the €11 penalty for not carrying a breathalyser will not apply until November.

Photo: Sébastien - Fotolia.com
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Breath test kits obligatory
March 05, 2012
DRIVERS and motorcyclists will be obliged to carry a breath test in their vehicles from July 1 after the publication of the new law in the Journal Officiel.

Foreign visitors and tourists also come under the new law which opinion polls have said is welcomed by two in three voters in France.

Anyone found not carrying a breath test kit will face a fine of €11 and only cyclomoteurs - two-wheelers of under 50cc -DOES THIS MEAN JJ On his Velosolex will be exempt. :Doh::Doh:OH NO...A period of grace will mean it will not be enforced until November 1.

Advice from the Sécurité Routière is to carry two kits - to cover any eventual usage.

Costs for the simple balloon-type are no more than €1.50. They should carry the NF (Norme Française) logo and should be changed every two years.

Last edited:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I have a reuseable one, that measures in % as per required levels if that is not sufficient then I guess we shall probablly stay in the UK, all these extra expences are the last straw. Legtislation and rising costs have taken the fun out of a free way of holidaying.:cry::cry::cry:

May 8, 2010
South Wales
Funster No
MH
RollerTeam T-Line785
Exp
since 2009
Ordered mine on Amazon from Alcodigital. Arrived 2 days later. They are Alcosense ones with Alcodigital stickers on them.

Glyn

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back