Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Philippft submitted a new Showcase Item:

Broken Link Removed

In January 2012 we had our first opportunity to overwinter in Spain and after a fair bit of research choose Camping Cap Blanch in Albir, next to Benidorm.
We chose this camp site as it was next to the sea, had a national park, bars, restaurants and supermarkets within walking distance and had good transport links. Also, it was in a quiet and relaxing location.
Another important factor that helped us to choose this location is because this the best region of Spain to overwinter being protected by a ring of mountains resulting in minimal rain and good temperatures. Next door was Benidorm and only a short bus ride away.
The campsite was a little run down but such a great place to be. Mostly Dutch with a few Germans and a sprinkling of Brit's. The Dutch were fantastic, they organised so much on the camp, weekly mountain walks, Bingo nights, dance nights and even had painting, woodwork and pottery classes. Also there was a very health game of Petanque played daily with two pitches that had most if not all lanes occupied. Sundays was always the great Petanque game of the week with many just turning up to watch the fun. It was here, with the Dutch that I was introduced and taught the game. By the time we left I was regarded as a good player by the Dutch and quite proud of my achievements. Our pitch being next to one of the pitches may have helped. We stayed for 3 months leaving in March and during that time made regular visits to the National park, joined the Dutch on some of their walks and made a few visits into Benidorm and Altea where we would sit in Square in the midday sun and enjoy a beer and Tapas, and the great views.
A short walk from the campsite were local bars and restaurants and a few with good meal deals so you did not have to go to far for a night out. Supermarkets were within walking distance and there were also a few Chinese junk shops in the town for your bit's and pieces.
The campsite was a little run down and the management stood back and let the Dutch make all the entertainment arrangements and in my view this was why many came. I think if the Dutch stopped doing this the campsite would have a bit of a problem. Overall, a good place to be for overwintering in Spain.

Broken Link Removed

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
To many Norwegians/Scandinavians:D..Plus everything twice the price of Benidorm. Nice town though, cycle over there a lot and they have a Lidl:love:

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Not quite convinced everything twice the price !! We were getting 3 course meals for €5.00 from the local Chinese and the beer was very cheap in the local sports bar and with free Tapas. Clearly, could not compare with Beni but depends on what your seeking I guess. As for the Norwegians/Scandinavians, I found them to be an OK people.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I was being whimsical? obviously not twice the price but def more expensive...

grass cutter seems to be on the mark..a smoke and mirror job?:whistle:

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
I now see the logic in your post. You're trying to ensure there is a space for you at Villasol. Very clever :wink:

Hi Graham, Not doing Villasol in 2015. Planning to visit Moroc this time around. I guess your gearing up for that 'Long Drive' again soon.
Have a safe journey and look forward to sharing a beer with you in the future.

Bobndebs McKay

Free Member
Jul 15, 2014
Bali for the Winter!! Back in Feb 2016
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750 FMSE
Exp
5 months travelling Through France, Spain, Portugal, Germany and Holland as a Full timer in our firs
Am I looking at the right site? it says its €41.50 a night? am I being a tightwad or is that not a bit high for overwintering?. Not being cynical BTW new to the game and genuine in my enquiry. Cheers

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
like I said scandinavian town with scandinavian prices

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Am I looking at the right site? it says its €41.50 a night? am I being a tightwad or is that not a bit high for overwintering?. Not being cynical BTW new to the game and genuine in my enquiry. Cheers
I do not believe you are looking at the right site ! Perhaps your looking at the right site via a booking agent who will have his add on's. When we stayed in 2012 we were paying €13.00 per night plus a bit extra for metered electricity. Like most campsites in that area the longer you stay the bigger the discount. I would be surprised if you were asked to pay more than €17.00 per night if staying for a month or more, in 2015.

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Further to my reply to Bobndebs this link details prices.

Broken Link Removed

In essence, 1-7 nights for a couple, motorhome & electricity €24.50 a night. The above link shows the discounts for longer stays.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
But you didn't !

Easy tiger!lol I did in my first post...the town is full of scandinavians with restaurant menus and events to attract them, the prices reflect their deepeer pockets. + "€24.50 a night" is twice what most pay in Benidorm

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Easy tiger!lol I did in my first post...the town is full of scandinavians with restaurant menus and events to attract them, the prices reflect their deepeer pockets. + "€24.50 a night" is twice what most pay in Benidorm
Don't want to make an issue with you over this but you did not make that statement on your first post ! What you said was and I quote.'To many Norwegians/Scandinavians:D..Plus everything twice the price of Benidorm. Nice town though, cycle over there a lot and they have a Lidl'

Perhaps you have submitted a post that I am unable to see and if so I stand corrected, otherwise the error is yours me old fruit pastel.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
its all about reading beteween the lines... will spell it out simply in the future if to abstract and quick fire for you me old duck

Bobndebs McKay

Free Member
Jul 15, 2014
Bali for the Winter!! Back in Feb 2016
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750 FMSE
Exp
5 months travelling Through France, Spain, Portugal, Germany and Holland as a Full timer in our firs
I do not believe you are looking at the right site ! Perhaps your looking at the right site via a booking agent who will have his add on's. When we stayed in 2012 we were paying €13.00 per night plus a bit extra for metered electricity. Like most campsites in that area the longer you stay the bigger the discount. I would be surprised if you were asked to pay more than €17.00 per night if staying for a month or more, in 2015.
Thanks Philippft I was looking at the wrong site! :tmi: That one certainly looks more like what we would expect!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back