Alarms/Trackers/imobilisers etc (1 Viewer)

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Was just wondering if anyone's had trouble with their alarms etc while out and about, Have one on my motorbike and certain places (ponderosa) it activates ie near a phone mast or at the docks waiting to get on a ferry and immobilise the bike, now I know all I have to do is push my bike further down the road/quay and it works ok but it would be different/awkward if this also happens with a motorhome alarm. Anyone had any experiences of this ????.
Thanks, Dave

Aug 5, 2012
Southampton
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
since 1981 on and off
Had a problem at home once, the button on our wireless doorbell had stuck in, the bell stopped ringing but the button kept transmitting, the alarm on the car and motorhome would not work. I took the car to B&Q and bought a new battery for the fob, All worked OK until I took the car back home. I then tried the motorhome and that did not work either. It took me some time to find the stuck button on the bell. Then all fine.

motorhomer

Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005 (but 30 years caravanning)
Had a problem on the CC site at Crystal Palace.

Basically the remote fob did not work properly. The emergency key - an electronic key that connects to a socket on the dash - did work but not until the alarm had gone off whilst opening the doors with the normal key.

After we left crystal palace all was well again.

I concluded that the problem was radio interference from the huge TV transmitter that is just next to the CC site.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back