miloson

Free Member
Jan 22, 2017
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
Exp
Hello All, i need to get an Alarm Fitted for M any Suggestions i live Manchester, i am also able to fit one myself .

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Most highly reccomended one on here is probably the strikeback ... just search on that term or look at the vanbitz website

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
If it's an insurance requirement you can't fit it yourself. It will have to be an approved alarm fitted by an approved insurer.

Another vote for the VanBitz Strikeback here.

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
The O..P may well qualified to install his own Alarm provided the alarm meets minimum CAT 1 requiremens.

If he was an Thatcham approved installer he wouldn't be on here asking for recommendations about what alarm to fit (y)

If he's not approved that's the end of that as far as insurance is concerned regardless of how skilled or otherwise qualified he might be.

The requirements for Cat 1 aren't just in the kit that is used. Installation by an approved person is an equal part of it.

Upvote 0

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
I would certainly back what @bellabee says. Rhinoinstalls are superb.
Phil does my yearly habitation and fitted my Gaslow system, sorted my TV system, fan for fridge and he's a really nice guy and local to Manchester.
And importantly
welcome animated smiley3.gif

Upvote 0

faraway

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better
More support for VanBitz Strikeback with growler and immobiliser/non-start/tracking.

Upvote 0
Aug 4, 2016
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Since 2003
Rhino Installs did ours. They'll come to your home to do it. Good service. http://www.rhinoinstalls.co.uk/
Wouldn't come to my home when I enquired earlier this month, so now incorporating a trip to Taunton with my channel crossing next week.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back