Alarm? Tracker? What do I need???? (1 Viewer)

Aug 31, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
4th year
You would hope that the four daylight bright LED's (one inside and three outside) and the fact that your in the van may have put them off in the first place, but you can elect to have vulnerable windows switched if your really worried (y)

I think that the numbers of people that suffer losses with our Growler system fitted is extremely low, given how many times we are recommended:)

To the OP there was a good example posted on here last week where a Swift was stolen from a Funsters drive, tracked but not alarmed. The motorhome was recovered in less than two hours.

I was unfortunate enough to have our swift stolen last week, luckily it had a tracker fitted so it was recovered & secured very quickly by the police. My feeling is that being near Heathrow the police saw the alert very quickly, unsure how many police vechiles have the anpr equipment fitted in rural areas. They were close to finding the tracker in the vechile, and were probably going to remove it. We now have a growler & non start fitted for total peace of mind. So if your insurance requires the tracker have it fitted, if not just get the growler & non starter. Or belt & brace it and have all 3.

Jan 30, 2014
Midlands
Funster No
MH
IH 630 FL
Exp
Looking at buying a m/h with tracker on it but not active = to level 6 Thatcham. Do I still need Thatcham cat 1 and does anyone know of anyone who can fit one at a reasonable price.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
I don't think Thatcham 6 will overcome the need for Thatcham 1.
But, if the van is low enough value, neither may be required.

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
Safeguard will, reluctantly, insure with a Thatham 6 providing you have a Growler and a tracker. Normally thatcham 5 required. Again reluctantly they gave me only 24 hours leeway to get them fitted down to a set of criteria related to the vehicles value.

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
NFU are very good and don't require a Tracker or Alarm even on expensive MH's. I was talking to them and they said that MH's were comparatively cheap compared with a Combine Harvester at a couple of million. I have also had to have a new windscreen fitted and they dealt with it very professionally. Considering the cost of Alarm and Tracker being fitted and the ongoing costs of the Tracker the NFU Insurance works out cheaper in the long run.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Looking at buying a m/h with tracker on it but not active = to level 6 Thatcham. Do I still need Thatcham cat 1 and does anyone know of anyone who can fit one at a reasonable price.
I would suggest that you opt for the new “VTS” system, which replaces Category Five and Category Six at the end of the year

It won’t really matter at the moment, but could make life easier with insurers in a couple of years time having the latest system..

Especially of course if the new Motorhome is to be a 2019 registration

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Be warned, Vanbitz isn't a 'turn up and get fitted' service.
I believe there's quite a waiting time for an appointment.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
@Anesta Our old Exsis i is up for sale on Link Removed and has lots of bells and whistles including a strikeback alarm. Take a look it’s in your price range(y)(y)(y)(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back