Apr 20, 2017
Norfolk/Europe
Funster No
MH
Hobby 725
Exp
10 years
Hi,
The motor i have just purchased is fitted with a Sigma S30 Cat 1 alarm system, is it worth swapping out for a Vanbitz Growler or would the Sigma suffice? Just looking for different opinions.
Thanks.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I wouldn't bother if it works the growler could be better but for me the point would be to persuade them to choose another van to break into so the sigma will probably do.

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Investigating the cost of exchanging one Cat 1 for another, may influence your decision. Eddies Growler is excellent but still doing more or less the same job.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
After living with it for a while, we changed the Cobra which came with our current van for a Growler (having had a Growler on our previous van). The Cobra was basically an enhanced car system, it seemed to have a bloody mind of its own with false alarms triggering for no apparent reason, plus it didn't cover everything the Growler does in terms of lockers and bike loop etc. I would say that if you have specific requirements which can't be met by the Sigma, or if that alarm is in some way faulty, it may be worth considering replacing with a Growler. It is a significant investment, so I think it warrants some justification for the change, even if that is just you feeling more secure when in or away from your van.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Might be better off spending the money on deadlocks.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
We had our Sigma S30 changed over to a Growler because the internal sensors didn't seem to work, when set I could jump about in the van and they wouldn't work, that's why when we were broke into and they come I and out of the window they took what they wanted.
Be aware that the Growler should sense movement in side through material but we found it wouldn't if it was denim( used as draft excluder hanging from the dash)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back