Alarm Immobiliser system any recommendations (1 Viewer)

John & Liz

Free Member
Aug 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 201
Exp
Since Sept 2012
We have a Rollerteam motorhome on a Ford Transit cab 2002.
We want to fit an alarm and immobiliser Thatcham 1, could anyone recommend a company in the South East that could fit one for me.
I have googled and phoned a number of companys but not over confident with their response
Any assistance greatly appreciated.
Thanks
John

kkclassic

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
South Coast
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Only one place to go Eddie Vanbitz a member on here. They have a system designed for motorhomes and you will also get a Funster discount. Link Removed

The other bonus is you get to stay on the campsite next to the workshop one of the best I have stayed on. You can visit Taunton whilst they are fitting your alarm.

Kevin and Tricia

Reactions: mta

Inthezone

Free Member
Feb 14, 2014
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Where are you based, the company that fitted our thatcham cat 1 alarm (with certificate) came to our property to install the kit complete with double zones, all exterall doors and hatches, twin (very loud) internal sirens, movement sensors.
all linked to tracking system as well at a very good price, with full backup if we have issues.

pm me and i can give you details

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
You have a Ford factory fitted Thatcham CatII immobiliser on a 2002 chassis. You should be looking for a system that "upgrades" your existing, Ford Cat II system to an full alarm/immobiliser combination, which would then qualify for a Cat1 status.

Also don't accept any system that uses wireless sensors or accessories as that will take it out of Thatcham compliance (as there are no wireless sensors approved by Thatcham) due to the very simple way that there defeated from outside the motorhome (which is why they're not approved

Eddie

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Found out the very hard way half an hour ago that my strikeback system works......One Jack Russell sneaked in there to have a snooze. Woke up and thus inadvertently gave the system a test. Lucky the dog is nearly deaf.........

Moral of the story - check for the number of dogs legs and divide by four before locking the van up!!

Would not choose any other system and well worth the trip to Taunton to get it fitted

OP
OP
John & Liz

John & Liz

Free Member
Aug 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 201
Exp
Since Sept 2012
Where are you based, the company that fitted our thatcham cat 1 alarm (with certificate) came to our property to install the kit complete with double zones, all exterall doors and hatches, twin (very loud) internal sirens, movement sensors.
all linked to tracking system as well at a very good price, with full backup if we have issues.

pm me and i can give you details

Thanks for all your help & advice, have tried to pm inthezone with no luck, must be me, please could I ask you to pm me.
Many thanks
John

mta

Free Member
Oct 21, 2013
nuneaton
Funster No
MH
Carado T138
Exp
since 2000
Another vote for Vanbitz. They fitted mine (Growler system) a couple of months ago and can't fault them, didn't realise how bright LED's can be esp when placed in rear lamp. They were a pleasure to do business with, would thoroughly recommend them. I travelled about 130 miles and stayed overnight free at their campsite.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Vanbitz for me too. I had a Growler fitted and also a tracker, solar panels and Gaslow. Great job and great campsite.

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
Also don't accept any system that uses wireless sensors or accessories as that will take it out of Thatcham compliance (as there are no wireless sensors approved by Thatcham) due to the very simple way that there defeated from outside the motorhome (which is why they're not approved

Eddie
@eddievanbitz or @jamesvanbitz sorry to raise an old post but i am looking to get an alarm into our MH, I would consider a strike back alarm but as we live in N.Ireland by the time we add the cost of the ferries it would be to expensive.
So one of the other "makes" of alarms that i have been looking at state they are "Thatcham cat 1" approved but they use wireless contacts and also a wireless PIR.
Now i'm not asking anyone to say anything about another product as that's just not right, the reason for my post is i know your alarms are the dogs bollocks and regarded very highly here @MHF , and when doing my research about a suitable alarm for our MH i came across your post/info regarding wireless contacts and have a questions or 2.
I know that this is some 3 years since you posted the info about wireless contacts is this still the case with them not being Thatcham cat 1 approved ?
would i be best to avoid an alarm that uses wireless contacts ?? and is the tech still so easy to bypass.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
@eddievanbitz or @jamesvanbitz sorry to raise an old post but i am looking to get an alarm into our MH, I would consider a strike back alarm but as we live in N.Ireland by the time we add the cost of the ferries it would be to expensive.
So one of the other "makes" of alarms that i have been looking at state they are "Thatcham cat 1" approved but they use wireless contacts and also a wireless PIR.
Now i'm not asking anyone to say anything about another product as that's just not right, the reason for my post is i know your alarms are the dogs bollocks and regarded very highly here @MHF , and when doing my research about a suitable alarm for our MH i came across your post/info regarding wireless contacts and have a questions or 2.
I know that this is some 3 years since you posted the info about wireless contacts is this still the case with them not being Thatcham cat 1 approved ?
would i be best to avoid an alarm that uses wireless contacts ?? and is the tech still so easy to bypass.
Hi

Hardwired is the only reliable way

There are two firms installing Strikeback in NI if you are interested, they ARE NOT our franchisee's or connected to Van Bitz (just for the record (y))

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
Thanks @eddievanbitz for the fast reply :)
I just watched 4 of their videos and got my eyes opened.
I Thought that wireless seemed a bit to easy & handy , plus relying on batteries inside the wireless units ...............
Can you tell me who them two companies are or PM me them please.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back