Alarm fitters southern England (1 Viewer)

Nov 24, 2017
Greater London
Funster No
MH
2021 Burstner TD680G
Exp
Camping , caravanning, campervaning for 10 years
As we are all aware Matt from Southern Motorhome Security sadly passed away last year and the company has ceased trading according to the message I received back from a general enquiry.
Anyone know of a good motorhome alarm company in a similar area ie south coast of UK?

• Informative
Reactions: f6c

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
As we are all aware Matt from Southern Motorhome Security sadly passed away last year and the company has ceased trading according to the message I received back from a general enquiry.
Anyone know of a good motorhome alarm company in a similar area ie south coast of UK?
eddievanbitz

Like most on here cant recommend him enough, Strikeback or Growler and after sales service is excellent :cool: (y)

OP
OP
NicandJay
Nov 24, 2017
Greater London
Funster No
MH
2021 Burstner TD680G
Exp
Yes unfortunately I am tied to the Autowatch alarm systems as I am after expanding my current alarm to include a cycle loop which Autowatch can supply

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 17, 2020
Totton
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 745
Exp
Since Sept 2020.
My neighbour had one fitted recently, we're near Southampton. If that's any use I'll ask him who it was.

Sep 4, 2013
North Hants
Funster No
MH
Chatsworth CV40
Exp
Motorhome since 1997 Camping since 1990
I have an alarm fitted by Eddie and he supplied a loop extension that safeguards my trailer and bike rack when needed. It fits into an extra plug like the tower electrics

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Another recommendation for VanBitz

They fitted alarm, tracker, gaslow, solar panel, battery master all in a single day.
They did an excellent job
You get a discount as a MF member

They have a campsite (Cornish Farm) next door, so you arrive at your convenience, and spend the night (for free).

You deliver your van next morning, walk into Taunton for the day. Wander back at the end of the day and pick up your van and spend another night before heading off

OP
OP
NicandJay
Nov 24, 2017
Greater London
Funster No
MH
2021 Burstner TD680G
Exp
Thanks all, unfortunately Vanbitz not a goer this time. Will try Andy Bottle thanks Lenny HB

Sep 17, 2020
Totton
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 745
Exp
Since Sept 2020.
Yes please
OK. Will pm you when I know.

Edit: Actually, I'll put it here in case any one else is interested ... it's these chaps: https://tsnautomotive.co.uk/
They did the original tracker fix for Marquis Motorhomes prior to him buying the van, so he got them to add an alarm. Neat tidy job, no complaints.

Based in Luton but will evidently travel.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2014
Emsworth
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
Quite shocked to hear that Matt has passed away. He only fitted my alarm October last year.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Yes he was a bit young to go, really nice guy I'd only had a chat with him a few weeks before. When he fitted my neighoubors tracker a couple of weeks before he died he said Lenny keeps me in business because I have recommended quite a few people to him.

Jan 8, 2014
Emsworth
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
Yes he was a bit young to go, really nice guy I'd only had a chat with him a few weeks before. When he fitted my neighoubors tracker a couple of weeks before he died he said Lenny keeps me in business because I have recommended quite a few people to him.
Was it Covid? He had fitted several items for friends and family we are all local to Hayling but when he was working here he cancelled the first few days as he was feeling unwell but he was sure it was only a cold.

OP
OP
NicandJay
Nov 24, 2017
Greater London
Funster No
MH
2021 Burstner TD680G
Exp
Malcyb posted the original notification regarding Mats passing on Nov 3 so it was a few weeks ago

Oct 19, 2015
Burgess Hill, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 580
Exp
Since 2016
That’s awful I had no idea. Lenny recommended him originally and he fitted 2 alarms and a tracker for us over a few years. The tracker was only fitted last June.

Mat was a really lovely genuine bloke. Such terrible news.

Southdowns fit an alarm to all their new vans and use these people
https://amspro.co.uk/

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Southdowns fit an alarm to all their new vans and use these people
https://amspro.co.uk/
Use to use them to fit the trackers on my works vehicles years ago, they were ok but I got the owner in on a mates firm and he fitted dozens of trackers to their vehicles and I never even got a thank you☹️☹️

Feb 14, 2009
Chandlers Ford, Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner TD700 H L
Exp
Since 2008
I used Dragon Car Alarms for my Autowatch system ....they fitted at home , very clean and tidy job. They are now located in Fareham

Jul 11, 2020
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessoro T486
Exp
Since August 2020
You could try South Coast Caravans at Sherfield - they are approved Elddis repairers and are doing some warrant work for us later this year

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
Hi there Mat was my husband, still is really 😞. As sad as it is can i just say how lovely it is reading your words about him. Thank you, Sarah x
So sorry Sarah. I read about Matt a while ago.
He came to my house and fitted my alarm about four years ago.
The last time I was going away I had a problem and Matt fitted me in straight away calling at your house.
He fixed the problem straight away.
He was a real genuine nice guy.
I hope all your memories are a comfort to you.❤️

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Hi there Mat was my husband, still is really 😞. As sad as it is can i just say how lovely it is reading your words about him. Thank you, Sarah x
So sad, he was a great guy I had been using his services since 2008. Only spoke to him a couple of weeks before.
Wishing you all the best for your future.

Nov 16, 2012
Hedge End
Funster No
MH
Bilbo's Nexa
Exp
Since 2012
Mat worked on our van a couple of times. I really liked him, and I was really saddened to hear of his passing.

Belated, but genuine condolences. Mat will be sadly missed - not just for his skill, honesty and expertise but also because he was a thoroughly nice man.

Best wishes

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back