Alarm fault / query... (1 Viewer)

Mar 22, 2018
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E442
Exp
Since 2016
Hi, I know many of you have the Vanbitz Strikeback / Growler alarm system so I thought I would ask on here first about a small issue I am having before bothering the chaps at VanBitz.
When I set the alarm, the lights flash twice but then I get four beeps as well as it arms. The handbook says this means there is a fault and to check the doors and lockers are shut. Well there are only the two cab doors, one locker door and the habitation door so it is fairly easy to check they are all secure. The accessory loop is switched off and not plugged in and the internal sensor and sounder are switched off. I would be grateful for any suggestions as to the likely cause.
Thank you.

OP
OP
Simon says...
Mar 22, 2018
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E442
Exp
Since 2016
Morning, been having fun testing the alarm - sure the neighbours love me today!
After some trial and error, with the alarm set - the bonnet sensor activates the alarm, both front cab doors activate the alarm but you can open both the locker and the habitation door and nothing happens.
So I assume the fault is in that circuit...any suggestions?
Thank you

OP
OP
Simon says...
Mar 22, 2018
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E442
Exp
Since 2016
Ok, self diagnosis then...just removed the magnet part of the switch from the locker door and taped it to the switch side...bingo...no fault warning on setting the alarm and opening the hab door set off the alarm!
So just need to make a small offset mounting block to bring the two parts closer together and hopefully that should be problem solved!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back