Alarm false triggering (1 Viewer)

Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
The Autowatch 695 alarm went off on our new Burstner this morning just before 7am. Also went off this evening at 9pm. When I went in after the latest event I found a daddy long legs sitting on the ceiling. Is there any chance this may have set off the PIR. I thought these react to a moving warm body. Needless to say I have now turned off the internal sensors and will be keeping the keys close at hand. There is apparently no way of finding out what caused the alarm. Unless of course someone on here knows different!

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Had an estate car once,if it was very windy,the wind would set it off,it was suggested that i close the external air inlets on the heater system. This seemed to work,but i moved it into the shelter of a hedge as well.
Hope this may help.
Tea Bag

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
In this day and age there must be some basic diagnostic information available even on a car alarm

Speak to your installer again and persevere

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wickolad

Free Member
Sep 10, 2013
Wickersley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie to MH, 20yrs+ Caravanning.
Ive heard of spiders activating alarms by getting into the PIR unit and crossing the sensor so I suppose it's possible the daddy long leg could trigger it.
Other thing to consider is if the activation time relates to say, the central heating in the house coming on via wireless thermostat or timer.
I once had a problem with a caravan alarm, the PIR was actually defective and would just trigger at random times. During the course of trying to fathom the problem, I contacted Sergant technical support, who told me the PIR unit should be placed at least 1 meter away from the Phantom tracker fitted with the alarm system and that less than this distance the tracker monitoring system could cause interference with the PIR causing random triggers. Unfortunately it seems a lot of manufacturers don't adhere to this distance. It also became apparent they fit the tracker in the same location in all of the caravans fitted with Phantom tracker, not ideal so I moved mine to an alternative hidden area about 2 mtrs away.
In the end it was found to be a duff PIR and was replaced under warranty and never had a problem after that.
I know this is a bit long winded but may be worth considering all possibilities as opposed to disarming the interior sensors.

Wickolad

Free Member
Sep 10, 2013
Wickersley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie to MH, 20yrs+ Caravanning.
The Autowatch 695 alarm went off on our new Burstner this morning just before 7am. Also went off this evening at 9pm. When I went in after the latest event I found a daddy long legs sitting on the ceiling. Is there any chance this may have set off the PIR. I thought these react to a moving warm body. Needless to say I have now turned off the internal sensors and will be keeping the keys close at hand. There is apparently no way of finding out what caused the alarm. Unless of course someone on here knows different!
Hi, found this link that may help, it relates to Autowatch diagnostic codes and how to access them.
http://vehiclesecurity.co.nz/blog/autowatch-diagnostic-codes
Hope this helps
Lance

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
Have you looked for evidence of a possible rodent visitor!?....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Clickem

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years
We recently had a couple of false alarms caused by a proximity switch on a locker door. The part attached to the opening door had got knocked, and with slotted holes had moved too far away from the fixed part, when the door was closed

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
Our Cobra alarm went off one night last week. Couldn't find anything wrong until a tiny moth flew in front of my face. Moth disposed of, hasn't happened since so I assume that was the cause. The Cobra isn't tilt attivated, as my previous Sigma was, so isn't affected by wind rocking the van, the Sigma always went off in strong wind.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back