LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Sooooooooo.. another Swift and another very unhappy customer who Swift seemed not willing to help then ( at least not until MAJOR shouting and hollering has gone on..

Broken Link Removed

I think I will stand by my original thoughts and discard Swift from any possible new motorhome list

Yes, they do eventually sort out things but who needs months of crap and driving around the country ?

I had one problem when I bought my van from Stowmarket..

Chap could not apologise enough, offered to collect the van fix it and return it next day (largish problem no one had spotted as it was on something not often used ).. When I got the van back it had been cleaned and had more diesel in than when they took it..

Sort of service I have no doubt folk get from John Cross, Dave Newell and Eddie at Vanbits in fact..

And NO, it aint a Swift !

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I had a brand new caravan from Swift. That is the last money of mine that company will ever see upon warranty expiry it leaked faster than I could have it fixed.The quality :roflmto: of Swift vans I find below average and before you buy look at all the things that need repairing on them its easy to find on the Internet. Before you jump to their defence it starts at the floor rotting away and finishes with the roof leaking and everything inbetween:ROFLMAO:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
:dm:

It is interesting how some old threads spring back to life...

JJ :Cool:

Yeh, but what a good one, the man who would not take being crapped on.

I loved the bit where two "heavies" were sent out from the showroom to move him on. This was one mighty pissed off ex-squaddie. They failed.

I recall he did get his new van under a gagging order but was so fed up he got rid.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I believe the turning point was when Swift were going to a big launch in Germany and Roclaire threatened to go there and spoil it ::bigsmile: Things started to happen then::bigsmile:
Yes he did get a replacement (gaging order)and yes he considered that crap as well with numerous faults so got rid of that as well :Eeek::winky:
He was one of the very few to successfully reject a van :thumb: although not through conventional means ::bigsmile:
We often hear from people who are going through courts etc, but rarely hear the outcome ??? Perhaps once established they are serious they get new vans also under gagging orders ?

I once took a hols co to court :thumb: Cheeky bar-stewards moved it to the co's local court :Eeek: When we objected and got it brought back to our local court things got a wiggle on and I got a very satisfactory offer from the hosl co,with our legal expenses on top.
terry
edit I know of one lady member on here who was going through courts but never heard how she went on -may have missed it?

Last edited:

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
What a contrast with the service we got when we bought our 'cheapie' ....

:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Crossdude

Free Member
Apr 24, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Do not deal with this company alan Kerr

I bought a brand new van from them in July 2013 I was only given one key
And a mount for the table was missing both items where noted on my receipt
And I was told I would get them in a couple of weeks it's now April 2014 and I've lost count how many times I have called them and still have neither plus their was no tyre inflation kit with the van as I don't have a spare wheel having to now go to citizens advice to see where I go from here.

Keith.

milpol1

Free Member
Nov 26, 2011
Earth
Funster No
MH
2013 Hymer
Exp
Since 2011
Wouldnt touch these with a barge pole, customer service skills by certain directors are somewhat lacking and e mails sent out are without a doubt condescending. Leave well alone

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back