Alabama Rot disease in New Forest - still an issue? (1 Viewer)

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
I didn't want to hi-jack the New Forest thread which is currently on the forum so thought it better to post separately.

We love the New Forest and would love to stay there but are worried about the Alabama Rot disease which has killed around 40 dogs. Does anyone know for sure if the disease is still an issue there?

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
If it's the same as many other places like Sandringham here in Norfolk then there are still annual warnings being posted.

Oct 2, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 866f
Exp
Since 2014
I think it is a seasonal disease, with many more cases in the winter wetter months. We wouldn't have risked our Dalmatian in September without feeling the risk to be low at that time, I am not sure about any later in the year though.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wizbangs

Free Member
Nov 8, 2011
MK, UK
Funster No
MH
AS Burford Duo
Exp
Four years
Alabama Rot is in many parts of the country now. Best avoid wet wooded areas. I 'stupidly' forgot and went down there about 6 weeks ago. One of my dogs was very poorly within days and the vet suggested testing for it. I was horrified at not having remembered about it. As it is, it wasn't AR, but then again they don't know what it is/was. Two different vets, antibiotics and a very, very poorly dog led to me thinking twice about going there or anywhere that is wet woodland.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back