bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, when we left our village today, we saw a classic Airstream RV just off the road, :Smile: So turned round and thought we will take a picture of that !

When we got back, the chap driving it was gutted. :Sad:

A tractor had ripped the side out of it and done a runner, and to make it even worse he was taking it for test for a friend. :cry: He has a double decker bus.:Smile:

We thought it best we never took any pictures of it.

And told him who we thought it might be, having had to go off the road when a big 4 wheel drive tractor and trailer loaded with sugar beet was skidding towards us ! :RollEyes:

We went off on a 20 minute ride round and looked at two of their farms trying to spot it, but they have lots of farms in our area, and never found it, most likely hid up in a barn. :Angry: Bob.

Last edited:
OP
OP
bobandjanie

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
You can say that again John, they drive far to fast and the trailers don't seem to have brakes working, most don't have any lights or number plates and every time they get new ones, they are always bigger. :RollEyes: How they get away with all the mud on the road gets me. In the 70's when I was on the building sites, if a truck left the site leaving mud on the road we had to go and sweep it up.:Smile: Round here they just do as they like, glad I don't have a motor bike any more you will soon be off it. :Doh: Must be part of country life.:winky:::bigsmile:

I don't know if they MOT these tractors and trailers, but I'm sure some that drive them don't have a licence, and I would say that was what happened today. Bob.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
You can say that again John, they drive far to fast and the trailers don't seem to have brakes working, most don't have any lights or number plates and every time they get new ones, they are always bigger. :RollEyes: How they get away with all the mud on the road gets me. In the 70's when I was on the building sites, if a truck left the site leaving mud on the road we had to go and sweep it up.:Smile: Round here they just do as they like, glad I don't have a motor bike any more you will soon be off it. :Doh: Must be part of country life.:winky:::bigsmile:

I don't know if they MOT these tractors and trailers, but I'm sure some that drive them don't have a licence, and I would say that was what happened today. Bob.
you mean like this.....

IMG_1049.jpg

and this...

IMG_1039.jpg

Read the thread Link Removed i said in the thread it was a public road.....its actually a public bridleway with residential vehiclular access only.....that'll be us and next door then !

OP
OP
bobandjanie

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi Pappajohn,
Did you get that problem with the farmer sorted? At our last house, down a no through lane and over a river, we tried to keep it nice, nothing special but you needed the banks to be grassed and in good condition for when the tide rose, otherwise the land would wash away. Generally it was not a problem to have the tractors and the shoot go by. Then they got new equipment and one harvest, one day in fact, they decided to keep using the lane and the track past our house to go in and out rather than via the fairway across the fields that they had used previously. They were ripping hell out of our banks and laurel hedge.
When Bob got home he went up the farm and told the farmer that he could make a mess too and if he carried on using the lane he would not be having much of a front lawn himself. It did not happen again :Smile: Jane

Still sometimes got fertiliser (granules thank God!) thrown across the patio and in through the kitchen door from the elevated field behind :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back