OP
Simon Meadwell
Jan 28, 2016
Stockport, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bravaria i740 AClass
Thanks
happened all weekend when tank was full. Cant see a crack in the filter bowl but they are only £7 so will try that. No sign of a leak but double floor so hard to see. Dont know how to access the dump valve do you just lift up the black dalek shaped black thing?

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
If water is staying in the tank it isn't going anywhere, so there are no leaks to look for.
Instead of sucking water from the tank, it's getting air. It could be that the line from the tank to the pump is blocked, but I think that highly unlikely unless there is a tap at the tap to isolate it which has been turned (unusual).
When you remove the filter bowl with the tank full, water should flow through. It won't happen quickly but be careful not to drop the bowl - you need to screw it back on to stop the contents of your tank draining into the underfloor. If water comes through, you know that the line is not blocked.
It could be that the pump (diaphragm) has failed. You can repair some but it's easier to replace the whole pump. Maybe get one one sale-or-return also? Explain to the seller & they may be able to make sure you are equipped with all the correct components.

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Thanks for the feedback.
Glad my hunch was correct.

Remove the filter when you drain down for winter, next year.
Just remember to replace it again before you get ready again.
(I put mine in the sink with the filler cap key, where I can see them.)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Good it’s sorted and at least it’s a broken part that doesn't pizz water everywhere, and is easily/cheaply resolved.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back