Free Member
Nov 9, 2018
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
2 yrs
I spoke to Strathallan airport near Perth a few months ago about doing some flying up there and mentioned that I would be bringing the bus to stay in and they were quite happy at that.

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Came across this whilst looking for something else.
Useful for next year...............

Eaglescott Airfield
Burrington, Umberleigh, EX37 9LH
Get directions:: To here - From here

Placeholder-Image.jpg

Please Note: This CL will only be taking bookings for 2021 onwards.
In the heart of the Devon countryside, surrounded by small villages served with pubs and local shops and is nestled between Dartmoor to the South and Exmoor to the North, within easy reach of the North Devon coastline and beautiful beaches. The airfield is open Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays during the season Easter to October, for gliding, microlighting and flying training. Minimal aircraft activity during the weekdays. No children under 9. Dogs allowed on leads. Generators welcome.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We were at an old airfield lorger meet 2 yrs ago. Gerry will give you the info.
No idea how I didn’t see this before so apologies for the late reply, the meet was held at Dumfries Aviation Museum at the old Heathhall RAF camp.
They don’t have a campsite bit I’m sure if you contacted them they’d allow an overnight in their car park for a small donation.

Oct 6, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 2017
Denham
An easy short hop on the train into London

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
According to search for sites the Lincolnshire Aviation Museum allow overnight parking Also the Boston Airdrome is listed as a club site. Dogdyke lane Coningsby is listed as a free overnight parking near RAF Coningsby.

OP
OP
Otter Spotter
Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
According to search for sites the Lincolnshire Aviation Museum allow overnight parking Also the Boston Airdrome is listed as a club site. Dogdyke lane Coningsby is listed as a free overnight parking near RAF Coningsby.
Thanks for these. Just what I need.

CAH

Free Member
May 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Learning
Exp
Potential owner - just looking
Does it include microlight grass strips?
I havent been for a little while but it has a grass runway and tarmac. East to West.

CAH

Free Member
May 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Learning
Exp
Potential owner - just looking
Rufforth near York. Its split in two. One side is gliders, the other side autogyros and microlights

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Boston, Lincs airfield has a CL
I ran a meet there back in 2016. The CFI was very helpful. I don't want to post a private email address on a public forum, but I do have the name & email address that was current at the time if anyone needs to make contact - always assuming it is the same person now in charge.

The contact page on their website isn't much help, but you can find them at www.bostonaeroclub.co.uk

OP
OP
Otter Spotter
Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
I ran a meet there back in 2016. The CFI was very helpful. I don't want to post a private email address on a public forum, but I do have the name & email address that was current at the time if anyone needs to make contact - always assuming it is the same person now in charge.

The contact page on their website isn't much help, but you can find them at www.bostonaeroclub.co.uk
Yes please send the details to me thanks

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back