LIFE MEMBER
Jul 21, 2013
Where ever I lay my hat
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A lifetime
Having returned from our maiden trip I thought we'd update a couple of aire details to save anyone a wasted trip.

In Burgandy aire 31 Ecuisses is shut and aire 18 Digoin no longer has services, they have done the car park up done away with the service point and built a toilet in its place.

In Champagne aire 46 Vieville is shut but aire 44 Froncles is just next door and is brilliant for 4 euro a night inc hookup and has lovely clean toilets, stayed there for 2 nights. Met a couple with a Replica Dutch barge there and had a viewing of their home, they're off down south next year, very nice!

Planning next years trips already, the problem is there's too much choice!!!
France is a definite, a trip to the Lakes too, with Germany looking worth a shot as well, the only problem is we don't speak any!

P&J

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
That's our prob with Germany - I found it an awful language to try to learn at school though I did OK with French and did later with Spanish too, I spose my head must like 'romantic' languages. I can remember what Kartoffeln are but that's not a lot of use if you are eg trying to find a toilet !

OP
OP
Floydster

Floydster

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 21, 2013
Where ever I lay my hat
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A lifetime
Thanks for that Jenny, you've started our education in the German language, at least we won't go hungry now ::bigsmile:.
Mind you we won't eat too many Kartoffelns till we find out what toilet is :ROFLMAO:

P&J

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
That's our prob with Germany - I found it an awful language to try to learn !

It's magnificent, it's logical. You see a German word and you can speak it, unlike French.

You have a problem with WC Toilette or Damen ?

Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
Having returned from our maiden trip I thought we'd update a couple of aire details to save anyone a wasted trip.

In Burgandy aire 31 Ecuisses is shut and aire 18 Digoin no longer has services, they have done the car park up done away with the service point and built a toilet in its place.

In Champagne aire 46 Vieville is shut but aire 44 Froncles is just next door and is brilliant for 4 euro a night inc hookup and has lovely clean toilets, stayed there for 2 nights. Met a couple with a Replica Dutch barge there and had a viewing of their home, they're off down south next year, very nice!

Planning next years trips already, the problem is there's too much choice!!!
France is a definite, a trip to the Lakes too, with Germany looking worth a shot as well, the only problem is we don't speak any!

P&J
Can I ask what the numbers relate to, are these Aires listed in a book or on a website? Sorry if the answer should be obvious :Doh:

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Germany looking worth a shot as well, the only problem is we don't speak any!

P&J

We spent 10 weeks there last year and didn't have a problem with the lingo despite not speaking a word of it ourselves.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Floydster

Floydster

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 21, 2013
Where ever I lay my hat
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A lifetime
Can I ask what the numbers relate to, are these Aires listed in a book or on a website? Sorry if the answer should be obvious :Doh:

The numbers relate to "All the aires France" 4th edition by vicarious books the aires are listed by region then number.

P&j

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back