Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I am writing something for those Funsters going to France for the first time.

I need pictures of Aires, empty and brimming, pretty and pretty awful, pics of the facilities and signs would be great also. Infact any pictures that you think might give a newbie a feel for the Aires system. I can't pay you but you will get a photo credit.

Please email them to me after removing the obvious from my email address jim@motorhome[B]NOSPAM[/B]fun.co.uk

Thanks in anticipation

wireman

Free Member
Dec 18, 2007
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I've got some but I can't put names to them IYSWIM.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

highwayman

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Herne Bay
Funster No
MH
Low profile Rapido
Exp
Since 2005 ish
I'll do-it as soon as i can sit at the computer, can only recline at mo so using the wii for this.

cheers,,,,,,,nige

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Thanks guys, please send them, names are good but not essential:thumb:

ANYONE ELSE GOT ANY?:thumb:

Yup, sending shortly

PS did you get em Jim?

Last edited:

Wintonian

Free Member
Nov 30, 2009
Brittany, France
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
At Easter we stopped at this convenient Parking area near Bretignolles sur Mer in the Vendée - along with several others who obviously knew it well! Across the road (behind the camera) is a man-made sea-water lagoon with a sandy beach where you can swim, and the seafront.

There are no facilities at the car park, but everyone spent at least one night there, being true MHers!

A couple of photos are here: http://www.ldl-france.com/bretignolles1.jpg and http://www.ldl-france.com/bretignolles2.jpg

The location on Google Earth is here: http://www.ldl-france.com/Bretignolles.kmz I am sure you all know how to use that file.

A nice spot to spend a night en route to Les Sables d'Olonne, and La Rochelle using the "pretty route" along the corniche rather than the boring main roads.

We are off for a few days tomorrow (Tuesday) down to the Limousin and across to Bordeaux and beyond! I will take photos of other Aires en route. The weather is expected to be beautiful, like the past few days, possibly turning to rain and storms on Monday week!

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
Jim

I emailed you a 7MB zip file of aires but my computer crashed so I dont know if you got them, can you let me know if you have received it

Regards
Barry

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Jim

I emailed you a 7MB zip file of aires but my computer crashed so I dont know if you got them, can you let me know if you have received it

Regards
Barry

Hi Barry, didn't get it, sorry, want to try again:thumb:

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Jim, I have sent you photographs and details of our favourite Aire in Uzerche. It has Free electricity and water, with loads of parking and some wonderful walks straight from the Aire. The village is just round the corner and it has the cheapest vets in France, who also speak English.

On your way out of the village (or on the way in if you are coming from UK) there is a good supermarket, a Netto and a very cheap petrol station! All in all a marvelous Aire, a great village, a superb restaurant overlooking the village.

Ginny

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
Jim I have sent them in two emails unzipped as they keep bouncing back for some reason. You should have them by now. I havent had a bounce back yet.

cheers
Barry

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Have an Aires album which you are welcome to use Jim

Link Removed

if you want originals let me know :Smile:

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Jim,

I've sent you two emails with half a dozen in each but a third one got thrown back at me :cry:

I will have another go shortly.

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
Jim

If any of mine are any good and you want more info on a particular pic then let me know

Regards
Barry

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 years but caravan owner in past
Hi Jim
This is the Aire at Mareuil Sur Ay, near Epernay. It is on the canal bank with nice walks along the canal. There is a bar/ cafe, a Spar type shop, a PO, and about 2 minutes walk away, a boulangerie. Buy a jeton for electricity from the PO. Arrive earlyish as this is a very popular aire because you can tour the champagne Houses 10 mins drive away.
Shop at the Leclerc on the outskirts of Chalons en Champagne exit junction 17 I think, as the supermarket car park at Eperney is tight.
Lucille

Attachments

• Aire Mareuil Sur Avre.jpg
    Aire Mareuil Sur Avre.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 29

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
This is the France Passion site at a fruit farm at Loriel Sur Drome near Montelimar in the Rhone valley.
No facilities except water, but you can buy fresh apricots,strawberries asparagus in season and home made jam and fruit juices. No shops near but very peaceful and 2 minutes off the motorway.
Lucille

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Jim,

I've sent you two emails with half a dozen in each but a third one got thrown back at me :cry:

I will have another go shortly.

Hi Ven, I got your photos::bigsmile::thumb:

Jim

If any of mine are any good and you want more info on a particular pic then let me know

Regards
Barry

Will do Barry:thumb:

Hi Jim
This is the Aire at Mareuil Sur Ay, near Epernay. It is on the canal bank with nice walks along the canal. There is a bar/ cafe, a Spar type shop, a PO, and about 2 minutes walk away, a boulangerie. Buy a jeton for electricity from the PO. Arrive earlyish as this is a very popular aire because you can tour the champagne Houses 10 mins drive away.
Shop at the Leclerc on the outskirts of Chalons en Champagne exit junction 17 I think, as the supermarket car park at Eperney is tight.
Lucille

Thanks Lucille:thumb:

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I'm sending the France Passion one again as it doesn't seem to have loaded,Jim.

Attachments

• 100_2395.jpg
    100_2395.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 100_2397.jpg
    100_2397.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 30

carpyone

Free Member
Mar 28, 2008
Needingworth, Cambs
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 years
Stayed at my first one last week, e-mail some photo's to you.

On the Calais Aire I saw an RV registration RV59FUN, but never managed to catch the owners but by the reg number I think they might be funsters!

carl65

Free Member
Jul 20, 2009
North Shields Tyne & Wear
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
This sounds good idea has we have never been to france in motorhome and are a bit usure about this so look foward to seing the results thanks

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Nice one Brian yum yum could be jugged mmmmmmm:roflmto::roflmto::roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Only had a couple .....just mailed them

May have a few from our last trip will check and mail them on if we have any more

Paul & Lynne

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Quick!!!!!

:shout: How soon before we can access the results? We are about to venture over there for the first time, but we only have 2 days before we go!

Wyn

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
Im not sure what Jims doing with them, perhaps he can give us an update.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back