Sep 1, 2010
fife
Funster No
MH
hi-top
Exp
of-on with caravans-40yrs
Hi all
When you get to France and open -All the aires, what do you put the Lat,Longitude of the Aire you want to go to into, is it I-pad or phone or something else ( sorry ) not clued up with techy things. Will be gratefull for your help.

Cheers Sammy.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I feed my navigator with lat long, it then gives the option to view location and route map before committing .

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Normally sat nav, but if you put in a poi file of aires (available free) then you can just go straight to the aire without having to type in the coordinates.
If typing them in be very careful not to make an error as you could then be miles or even hundreds of miles out.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
Normally sat nav, but if you put in a poi file of aires (available free) then you can just go straight to the aire without having to type in the coordinates.
If typing them in be very careful not to make an error as you could then be miles or even hundreds of miles out.
yes your navigator could take you seventy miles the wrong way despite the driver tactfully asking her if she was sure not that this every happened to us

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Need to be carefull you put them in the same units can be degrees and minutes, degrees seconds and minutes ,decimal degrees etc!!! It makes a big difference where you end up always best to check it makes sense with where you expect to end up

David

OP
OP
Sam and Viv

Sam and Viv

Free Member
Sep 1, 2010
fife
Funster No
MH
hi-top
Exp
of-on with caravans-40yrs
:)Hi thanks for reply,s so far, We have an older version of Pro-nav europe just does not wan,t to do gps it does say it some where. Is there a better way of getting from A to B using All the Aires, This will be our first venture into France and don,t want to get lost.

Thanks again Sammy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
I just give the long/lat details to the wife.
She knows at any given time where we are, where we're going, the best route (always different to the Sat Nav), what speed we're doing (and what we should be doing), and what vehicles we need to "mind".

:roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back