Aires in Normany and Northern France (1 Viewer)

May 8, 2010
South Wales
Funster No
MH
RollerTeam T-Line785
Exp
since 2009
Off to France with the dogs on Sunday for two weeks. This will be our first time spending more than a night in France in the Motorhome. Any suggestions which Aires ar good etc. We have all the Aires in france third edition out this year but just wondering if any body could recommend some from past expierience? Cheers.

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
On the way home, we stopped at the municipal aire at Arques and really liked it. Probably because we got drunk with fellow Mhomers, well only me actually, that night but it was a lovely spot beside a big lake and not to far to walk to the town, where there was a good vet to do the business. Last year, I think it was 2 euros for the night plus another euro for an hour's electric and another for a fresh water fill up. Sandrans was another nice one, although a bit sad because it was because an abandoned holiday park. You could walk through it and grass was growing though the parking sites and on the table tennis table and so on. That also had a lovely lake.::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Ivy

Have a lovely lovely time

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Whoops these might not be quite as Normandy as you wanted but still good. I'll think of the Normandy ones we stayed at. Don't forget Mont St Michel, its really not to be missed. ::bigsmile:::bigsmile: and Honfleur.

Ivy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
would have to be Honfleur for me, great town, :thumb:

themountaintiger

Free Member
Sep 27, 2009
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 649C Class
Exp
Since 24th March 2010
I agree with loujess and hagnap. I stayed 2 nights in Honfleur (one more than intended) and also went to Mont St Michel, which was well worth it. Stayed at Bayeux which was in the middle of car park!!, but worth it to see Tapestry and war cemetaries. Also stayed at veules les roses which was featured in recent motorhome mag..not sure which one...nice Village down by the beach....:thumb:

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Ha ha, we were in that car park in Bayeux. At least they had water and waste emptying.

We stayed at the Aire in Granville on the west of the Cherbourg peninsula, that was at the top of the hill. Not fancy but just over the road from the wonderful view and walk etc. Another place I really loved was the Basilica at Lisieux. It is where St Terese came from and the Basilica is really beautiful. There is an aire just beside it, once again up the hill. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Berck sur Mer - choice of 2 the one by the lighthouse a bit nearer the town, the Bellevue one virtually on the beach but a goodish walk into the town.

2 at Le Crotoy, we prefer Le C 2 and visit St Valery sur Somme across the estuary by use of 'Le petit Train'. Le Treport is good, St Valery en Caux is superb, Fecamp 2 is good, Merville-Franceville Plage we like, Honfleur as said, Arromanches, La Mailleraye sur Seine.

Veules les Roses is a nice enough aire and the little town and beach are actually very nice indeed. However they are se[arated by a cliff which resembles the north face of the Eiger. It's bad enough going down and then you sort of put off coming back up it cos it kills you. But maybe you are a lot fitter than us. It was ruddy hot when we were there! Veulette sur Mer is good though. (and also flat LOL)

Feb 1, 2011
Redcar
Funster No
MH
Hymer C. Class
Exp
26 yrs
Hi,
Try the Municipal Aires at St. Mer L'Aglais, top of the square behind the Church, lovely little town, with the Paratrooper hanging from the spire and the Glider Museam in the corner.
Have a great Trip, Best Regards, Mac

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Not picking flies Coldstreamer - but think you mean Ste Mere Eglise ?

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Don't all rush Ladies !!

Not picking flies Coldstreamer - but think you mean Ste Mere Eglise ?

Is that the one with the parachutist on the Church spire ? Not long now 'til I am off to France ! Currently searching the Internet for a female travelling companion...Interviewed one yesterday but she had a dog with no passport.....:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Chatting up one in Exeter as we type !!!!

Feb 1, 2011
Redcar
Funster No
MH
Hymer C. Class
Exp
26 yrs
Sedge,
I stand corrected, its probably because I'm a old, thick, Northern, dyslectic, squaddie, I stand suitably chastised.,
Best Regards, Mac

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
Longues Sur Mer gun battery just outside Arromanches is a superb wild camping spot on the cliffs overlooking the Mulberry Harbour. The gun battery is the most intact example in the Atlantic Wall and well worth a visit. Arromanches just down the road is certainly worth a visit but the Aire is pretty cramped and not very nice.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&s....347102,-0.68716&spn=0.011323,0.0421&t=h&z=15

Link Removed

And if you go to Le Mont St Michel which is a must if in Normandy there is a superb Aire with hookup opposite the Hotel Verte. I think its about 9e including services and EHU which is less than the frankly grotty car park where all the vans gather together near the Mont. That will be gone soon though as they are going to flood it. It spoils the whole place IMO.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&s...3222,-1.504827&spn=0.002873,0.010525&t=h&z=17

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back