Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Aires

I HAVE PUT SOME MORE AIRES, AND SOME MORE PHOTOS OF EXISTING AIRES.

these are the files to look in if you already seen the others

Chateau Gontier......look in 800 OLYMP 20 june 2009

St Clements des Levees..more photos.....look in 700 OLYMP 18 june 2009

Don't ask the name I don't know.....look in OLYMP 16 june 2009 :Doh::Doh:

Brambel more photos....5-10-2008

To help you. I have picked out all these photos of the ones that in the book "All the Aires in France" so most of you will have the info, and cordinations.....they may be a little out dated as it was as the second book that came out in 2007

Mel:thumb:

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Just done a quick check and it is edition 2 that Lynda has used as reference, the only thing that I have noticed is that your pictures make most of the aires look far prettiier than the ones in the book do.

Just cannot wait to load up and go.

Alan and Lynda

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Just done a quick check and it is edition 2 that Lynda has used as reference, the only thing that I have noticed is that your pictures make most of the aires look far prettiier than the ones in the book do.

Just cannot wait to load up and go.

Alan and Lynda

Alan you are correct it was edition 2, the one that is current now ...Thank you for correcting me
You, Ken, Lynda and Steph....have a great time, we will try to meet up and see you all on your Travels if possible...as we are out at the same time as you know.:winky:

Mel :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Thanks Mel keep em coming please. :thumb:

Ken I have put another Aire on
in file 100OLYP 4 june 2009

Biscarosse plage 2
Not for US no sun for the trees.
Now this Aire is on the atlantic coast in a Forest...you had to follow the posts..and it was like a maze and the floor was all soft with years of pine needles from the trees.

KEN.. a lot of my photos of Aires are on my old computer and I can not get at them...I will have a look on some of my sd cards and my usb pen drives, see what I can find...thank you....

Mel

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
I have put three more Aires on KEN......as instructed

CHARMES........Look in file 2009-09-28 France Germany sept 1 2009

another one is.....THAON-LES-VOSGES.....look in the same as above,009-09-28 France Germany sept 1 2009

Another one is LEUCATE PLAGE........Look in file 200 OLYMP 09 june 2009
:winky:

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Thanks Mel

I think we have enough to stay until Christmas now-------is Christine doing turkey do you know?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Hi Mel
Can you cope with all this fame, your aires pictures are all over the dark side and on MCC as well.:thumb:

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
Just a word about Port en Bessin - the aire isn't on the quay any more! They had literally just moved it last autumn, a council worker said Suivez moi! and jumped back in his pick-up and took us round, it's the other side of the river to that quay in your photos! It's up the back amongst housing and you have to walk down to the port and village. P en B is a lovely little place but the aire itself is hardly picturesque!

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Just a word about Port en Bessin - the aire isn't on the quay any more! They had literally just moved it last autumn, a council worker said Suivez moi! and jumped back in his pick-up and took us round, it's the other side of the river to that quay in your photos! It's up the back amongst housing and you have to walk down to the port and village. P en B is a lovely little place but the aire itself is hardly picturesque!

Trophychap......Well I don't know what to say about the Aire at Port en Bessin...when we arrived it was the celebration day of the 7th June 2010 and we looked for the Aire at the port, as we have done many times before and never found the port Aire, we thought this time we would ask, as the wife speaks French she walked across to the tourist information center on the corner..and asked lady inside, could she tell us the position of the port Aire ....the lady from the TI said it was exactly were you see us parked on the photos..we asked if it Ok to overnight ..the answer was yes ..so we stayed two nights....and a fellow BRIT also looking for the Aire on the port stayed at the side of us for one night........(now we have looked at the other Aire at the back of the houses and no it is not very nice, the one you turn left at the round about near the supermarket)...............Now there is another twist to this tale, Just as the wife and Myself and the other Brit was about to leave this late middle aged irate Frenchman came up to us shouting waving his arms and would not shut up and let us speak.....we was trying to say him we had had permission from the tourist information centre....also Both motorhomes was about to leave, after about 10 to 15 mins of his shouting and arms waving he walked off over the bridge with his mobile telephone stuck to one ear and his other arm waving all over the place along the sea front...now we could see him still shouting to person he was talking to on the mobile phone even though he was now about 1/2 mile away....he was not a happy man at all:Doh: ......So yes I would say the aire behind the houses is the only aire left now.

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Your pics of Thaon-les-Voges remind me of our trip last year. We stopped just one van from the bridge so it was almost where you were but the river was full with barges going up and down all day long. Don't know where your water went to. ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Ivy

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
It was I, Leclerc! - not Pete LOL

Anyway, the council blokes had I think not long put the sign up saying we can't park there, can't remember now if it's like the Aire sign but a cross through it or if it was actually in words!

Will be interesting to see what the new Aires book says won't it?

FWIW the new aire is situate in Rue 11 Novembre and the Sat Nav co-ordinates are N49 deg, 20.750, W 00 deg, 44.521

MR2

Free Member
Jul 10, 2009
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
5+years
Aires

Thanks Mel for the pics. Some of the aires we have visited & recognise but also your pics have encouraged me to look at some we haven't so far found in our travels. We are going over for a short 12 days in April before a longer spell mid-summer and your views will be a gteat help.::bigsmile::thumb:

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
I HAVE PUT 4 MORE AIRES ON ONTO THE LINK....look in file..2009-11-06 french trip October 2009
Oct 9, 2009
FRONTENAC
BERGERAC
BRANTOME
SAINT FRONT LA RIVIERE

ABOUT 61 PHOTOS
:winky:

M:thumb:EL

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
I have put another two Aires on...Quite a few photos

BOURDEILLES.......... Look in file...2009-11-06 france trip october 2009

La-MAILLERAYE-SUR-SEINE......look in file 2009-09-22 france 21-september 2009

Mel:winky::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

spannermanwigan

Free Member
May 22, 2008
wigan, lancs
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 1973
I have put another two Aires on...Quite a few photos

BOURDEILLES.......... Look in file...2009-11-06 france trip october 2009

La-MAILLERAYE-SUR-SEINE......look in file 2009-09-22 france 21-september 2009

Mel:winky::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

fabulous photos just what is needed to help people to decide to use the aires will be visiting some this year ourselves:thumb:::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
spannermanwigan...................Thank you ...Mel :thumb::sin::wine:

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
I have put another 325 photos of Aires in France...look in my link below and go onto April / May 2011:ROFLMAO:.... ...........Mel::bigsmile:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Cheers mel. I have just been though the lot, got me going for next year now if I'm still breathing

Roger, thank you, glad you liked them....time seems to pass very quickly, so it won't be long before you are next over here....:thumb:
Every time I go out onto Aires, I will update the link, until I get to my limit on picasa web:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back