• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

WANTED Aires in France (1 Viewer)

Marilyn

Free Member
May 6, 2017
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Has anyone got a book of the Aires in France preferably to cover both North & South that they no longer require and would be happy to sell.

Kelsae2

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 9, 2011
kelso,scottish borders
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
If you are looking for next years books someone on the Acsi book arrived thread has a second set.

Last edited:

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Think OP is referring to the Vicarious publication.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
ATAF2_main_1024x1024.jpg
As in
All the Aires which are published in North and South editions.
ACSI are campsites per se

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Camper Contact is all you need - FOC downloads to TomTom and Garmin + phone app
I appreciate exactly what you saying but the OP specifically asked for Aires as in the North and South which are detailed above. Think if she wanted on line, the OP would have said.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
I appreciate exactly what you saying but the OP specifically asked for Aires as in the North and South which are detailed above. Think if he wanted on line, the OP would have said.

I thought because he was so new he wouldn't be familiar with Camper Contact or any of the web searches.
I have never thought their books are value for money and now they want to sell you two books.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Has anyone got a book of the Aires in France preferably to cover both North & South that they no longer require and would be happy to sell.

Why would you want to buy an old out of date book? For the extra few £££s buy yourself an up to date one. You will recuperate your costs by the time you've gone on a wild goose chase to oldies that no longer exist. Ive been there and got the tee shirt :xrofl:

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Perhaps Marilyn wants to do a Michael Portillo equivalent for Moho travels. OK it may not be 1913,but still going back in time:xgrin:

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
I thought because he was so new he wouldn't be familiar with Camper Contact or any of the web searches.
I have never thought their books are value for money and now they want to sell you two books.
I appreciate your opinion @Stealaway but that's all it is, your opinion. IMHO, I prefer the paper version if anything. I have the free app of ACSI but I chose NOT to use it, rather use the book.
By all means you express your opinion but don't expect everyone to agree irrespective of how loud you shout.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Of course we all have our own opinions and I do respect yours. I'm sorry if you feel I over stressed mine. But hey it's only a forum. Let's agree to disagree ☺

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I appreciate your opinion @Stealaway but that's all it is, your opinion. IMHO, I prefer the paper version if anything. I have the free app of ACSI but I chose NOT to use it, rather use the book.
By all means you express your opinion but don't expect everyone to agree irrespective of how loud you shout.

welcome back :(:(:(

opinions are just that, open to discussion not put downs

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
We wouldn't bother with the books again as suggested the camper contact app does everything the books ever did and more.Even the newest book contains info that can be two years out of date where the app can have reviews from yesterday
The app can even plan the route and work as a satnav via Google maps or you can use the co ordinates in a stand alone sat nav unlike the book the co ords come in both formats
Also the app is cheaper than the books

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
By all means you express your opinion but don't expect everyone to agree irrespective of how loud you shout.[/QUOTE
I cant see any shouting in steal aways post?

joka250

Free Member
Jul 29, 2017
Fylde Coast.
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1985
Several posts have implied that the camper contact app. is free. It is actually £4.99 From Google play. Certainly worth that but not free.

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
Being new to motorhomes (but not continental travelling/camping) we took a small library of maps and where to stop guides away on our first jaunt in May this year, I thought the 'Motorhome Guide Camperstop Europe' was probably better than 'All the Aires' it seemed to have more aires in it.

Apps are fine, I have them all.. but do like looking through a book.

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Best bit about the books is they do give you an idea of the size van they take. With the apps you need to try and guess from the satellite view. Agree with @irnbru, buy the new ones, some do change quite a bit.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Several posts have implied that the camper contact app. is free. It is actually £4.99 From Google play. Certainly worth that but not free.

You only need to buy Camper Contact telephone app. £4.49 -
https://www.campercontact.com/en/content/app?fromsso=1

I only use the Free Downloads for Satnav - Tomtom or Garmin.

I value it so much it's one of the few downloads I would be willing to pay for, it covers the whole of Europe ----- and it's FREE!

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
You can get all of the info that is on the app by using the campercontact website for free, but you need an internet connection to do so. All the app does is allow you to access all the information without having an internet connection. For that I reckon it is worth the fiver or so per year.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
And you can also download a POI file from Campercontact (for free) that can be uploaded to your satnav. Admittedly it's not up-to-date but you can always pair it with the smartphone app.

I use anything I can get my hands on, prefer books to do research but then tend to use the "electronics" to actually find the suggested places. The cost of all the guides is, come on admit it, only a tiny tiny proportion of your overall holiday costs.

OP
OP
M

Marilyn

Free Member
May 6, 2017
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Many thanks everyone for all your replies. Yes I am a she but hey I'll answer to anything as long as it isn't rude. We do own the 'snooper' sat nav that has camper stops already loaded although haven;t as yet used it but I still like the books so I can read up in advance and plan where we want to stay.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
but I still like the books so I can read up in advance and plan where we want to stay.

To be honest we do our travelling a little different to most people - I think?
We explore the surroundings throughout the day, stopping when something takes our interest or is roughly in the direction we are traveling. A town, a museum, a market, a cathedral, we are on the lookout for new surprises all day. We invariably buy a baguette along the way and have a least an hour for lunch and a relaxing read. At around 5.00pm we look at Camper Contact for the nearest stop over to us, this now becomes another surprise and we actually look forward to where we are to spend the night. Some are brilliant and some just OK, buts thats also OK with us because tomorrow's another day.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back