Tour Guide Wanted Aires in France please, or any recomended site (1 Viewer)

AlanCope

Free Member
Aug 6, 2019
Tamworth
Funster No
MH
Nuevo ES
Exp
Just this year (2019), previously Tents
I have traveled around France many times but in apartments, next year I want to go in the MH, looking online I found "" and was wondering if anyone had these and if they were any good. we will probably go to Honfleur and Bagnoles-de-l'orme as we like these.

Any help / pointers welcome
Thanks

Feb 26, 2013
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Autocruise stargazer
Exp
since 2013
Hello. I think you're maybe in the wrong section... but...We have used these guides in the six years we've travelled through Europe and found them really useful. There are other online guides as well, such as " campercontact " but I tend to use the printed books most often.

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
AlanCope I find the Park4Night app very useful and have it installed on my tablet. The subscription Pro version can be used offline.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
We found the Aires books very useful. Some were closed and some not listed but overall good value for money. They do include a short description of anything of interest, ie beau Village, Castle etc so are helpful. Using the aires book also helped us to find other Aires. We also used camper contact, park4night, all useful.
We found the maps in the Aires books useful also.

Rusty Pumper

Free Member
Mar 10, 2017
Funster No
I’ll second Keades above - used both books and campercontact for France. No problem. Also try park4night app. This might also help:
Bonne voyages! ??

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I have traveled around France many times but in apartments, next year I want to go in the MH, looking online I found "" and was wondering if anyone had these and if they were any good. we will probably go to Honfleur and Bagnoles-de-l'orme as we like these.

Any help / pointers welcome
Thanks
I use the Campercontact app almost exclusively now but started with the books so I suggest you do the same. :) What app you eventually settle on will be down to you. :)

The joy of France for us is discovering little hidden gems and using aires is the best way to find them. Don't go back to places you know, find new places! :)

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
We use Campercontact which we have downloaded onto both my Samsung Tablet and Joe's iPad. Find it much better than All the Aires, although that's what we started with originally. If you prefer printed books the one to go with Campercontact is Camperstop Europe. These both cover all of Europe and not just France. The online version also has reviews which can be very useful.

Denise

OP
OP
AlanCope

AlanCope

Free Member
Aug 6, 2019
Tamworth
Funster No
MH
Nuevo ES
Exp
Just this year (2019), previously Tents
Thank you all for your responses, very useful

• Thanks
Reactions: DBK

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Despite what they say the Vicarious offerings, which actually we find extremely useful, don't actually have ALL the aires - we've spotted a few not in the book merely by looking out for the motorhome symbol. We also use various apps, with varying success. I-Campingcar is an excellent website that does seem to have all the aires - it's in French but easily understood with loads of info and pictures, sometimes also video.

Honfleur itself is a lovely place - but it's aire is large, noisy and usually overcrowded as well as not cheap. Forget trying to get electricity!

We've found some little crackers by just going away from the main roads a little - 10km can put you in a different world!

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
the advantage with the phone apps is navigation find the aire you like the look of and hit the navigation button and its instantly in to which ever nav app you use no typing long co ords in by hand
also you can read reviews from other travellers in the paid for apps it translayes to english as well

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Despite what they say the Vicarious offerings, which actually we find extremely useful, don't actually have ALL the aires - we've spotted a few not in the book merely by looking out for the motorhome symbol. We also use various apps, with varying success. I-Campingcar is an excellent website that does seem to have all the aires - it's in French but easily understood with loads of info and pictures, sometimes also video.

Honfleur itself is a lovely place - but it's aire is large, noisy and usually overcrowded as well as not cheap. Forget trying to get electricity!

We've found some little crackers by just going away from the main roads a little - 10km can put you in a different world!
Basically it's originally French anyway and this is the English printed version with others contributing previously.
Obviously 'All the Aires' doesn't mean every single one without exception.
A few people say about Aires closed but I've never had one from that publication that's closed and obviously there are others that aren't in. However, as with the apps, I've got a couple and they're also not up to date. 2 from campercontact were closed (only 2 years previously, so pretty recent) and another (can't remember which one on but deleted that one now)
All are a guide and depends if you prefer on line (which could fail because Internet) or a book (which is printed 3 months before available)

Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
We generally use Search for Sites (app £5.99 & web version which is free) backed up with camper contact. We started with the books but too bulky and hard to follow, the apps are better as they can focus on the surrounding area where you are, you can filter on site type etc. and can use them to navigate. SfS is all English so easier to follow and has loads of places in UK, CC a lot of it is machine translated so reviews sometimes odd but both do a good job with some sites in one app not the other etc.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back