Aires in Europe (1 Viewer)

Jan 31, 2016
Alness, Cromarty Firth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 (2012)
Exp
What is considered the best book showing Aires in Europe, we have the CamperContact app.

Is a book better for showing Aires as in France/Italy etc

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
We use both Camper Contact and All the Aires of France books from Vicarious books. We still tend to use the books more. At lunch time we sit and look at the books as we’ll probably have an idea of whereabouts we’ll be, and pick out two or three places to stay. There probably are more on CC and more up to date information, however, we have not as yet found a place we don’t like from the books or had difficulty finding a place. We also like the maps in the books with location points marked.

It’s personal preference.

Upvote 0

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
^^^^^^^ As above. Identical actually:cautious::cautious:(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

tuscancouple

Free Member
Oct 8, 2007
Kent
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2007
+1 for only Campercontact app for aires, ACSI app for camping, books weigh to much :)

Upvote 0
Oct 16, 2018
CHESTERFIELD DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
PILOTE
Exp
Long enough
The books are a good general guide but the problem with them is that the Aire information can be out of date.

The publication of the books is annually but the information has been collected well in advance and many Aires in the books have not been inspected or checked for years.

So some Aire info can be years out of date and inaccurate.

Aires on the Apps such as Campercontact are updated and reviewed almost daily in some cases and is rarely wrong or inaccurate.

During last year many Aires have been fitted with barriers and pay machines, some have closed, others been renovated, prices have changed and this information is soon added to the Apps but the books remain a long way behind in correct info.

We bought 'All the Aires' the first year we went to France and found two Aires closed, one for a very long time, and although it was no big deal it wasn't very helpful to pay out on a book that was well out of date.

Upvote 0

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
The books are a good general guide but the problem with them is that the Aire information can be out of date.

The publication of the books is annually but the information has been collected well in advance and many Aires in the books have not been inspected or checked for years.

So some Aire info can be years out of date and inaccurate.

Aires on the Apps such as Campercontact are updated and reviewed almost daily in some cases and is rarely wrong or inaccurate.

During last year many Aires have been fitted with barriers and pay machines, some have closed, others been renovated, prices have changed and this information is soon added to the Apps but the books remain a long way behind in correct info.

We bought 'All the Aires' the first year we went to France and found two Aires closed, one for a very long time, and although it was no big deal it wasn't very helpful to pay out on a book that was well out of date.

Sorry you had problems, but we can honestly say in all the years we have been travelling, we only found one that had a height barrier, but we just moved onto the next one. I did say personal preference:D

Upvote 0
Oct 16, 2018
CHESTERFIELD DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
PILOTE
Exp
Long enough
Sundowners - we, and I presume you, have been using books to find our way around for donkeys years and have been quite happy doing that – although there wasn't an alternative.

Now we have Tablets and we consider the Apps do a better job than the books we can buy and that's why we use them.

It is personal preference and books certainly are useful but we prefer to use the Apps.

See you on the Aires this year ?

www.youtube.com/user/keithchesterfield

:france: :france: :france: :france:

Upvote 0

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
I have last years "All the Aires" books and it will be the last one i buy.
Still cross reference with them
But I use Searchforsites which is free if you use internet.
I have downloaded everything onto maps.me (which is free)
Can you tell i m a cheapskate yet ?
I think you might have to pay for the downloads now.
Not a lot to choose between SFS park4night and campercontact in my opinion

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back