Free Member
Jan 11, 2013
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Campervan
Exp
Since July 2012
I was thinking of buying the Camperstop booklet - guide to Aires etc. It seems a reasonable price. link here: Broken Link Removed

One of the comments I noted in the "Rules" about staying at Aires is this:

"Across all of Europe the local laws only permit 'Self Contained' motor caravans or campers to be parked responsibly and their users are permitted to cook and sleep inside. A self contained motorhome or camper needs to have a toilet, onboard water containers for both fresh and waste water, and you must be able to cook and sleep inside the vehicle".

We have a Peugeot Boxer - the only thing that might be a problem for us is that we have separate fresh and waste water containers - apart from that, our campervan ticks all the boxes.

For those of you who have used Aires in France, Germany, Austria and Italy, are there any problems using separate water containers?

Gunner29

Free Member
May 24, 2012
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
In one word

No
I have used Aires all over Europe and always have a black container outside under the grey water discharge tap. As long as you don't put chairs and tables out and hang washing etc.:Eeek: respect the rules and you will not have any problems:thumb:

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Aires are fairly relaxed places.

You wont find jobworths running round trying to catch you out.
Just watch what the locals do and follow suit.
Nearly all the aires that I have visited you would be able to put your chairs out and have a BBQ. However common sense rules :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Roryboys Dad

Free Member
Mar 19, 2012
Glapwell Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Reference P716 LPR
Exp
Why not spead out and enjoy the space of an Aire?

This French MH owner did.

All you can see - bikes, tent, BBQ, bottles, tables and chairs - and more stuff under the MH and round the other side.

The Local Police saw him, he wouldn't clear up the mess - so they chucked him off the Aire.

Common sense rules!

Attachments

• ARZON 3.jpg
    ARZON 3.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 86

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
The only time I've seen Aire rules applied is in SW France when a vanload of crusties turn up. They get the stopover limit applied rigorously by the Police Municipale while everybody else stays as long as they like ;-)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back