Aires guide for France, motorhomes (1 Viewer)

orson

Free Member
Apr 13, 2012
Seattle
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
1 year
Hi everyone:
I am going to France in August and use a 17 foot Road Teck my friend in Toulouse is loaning
me. I was told that the best guide to buy was the "All the aires, France", 3rd edition Motor home guide to French Stopovers. I checked, and found that this is only sold in England.

Does anyone have a suggestion if I can find a 3rd edition in the U.S.? If not, I would really appreciate someones advice as to which other guide they would recommend, be it Michelin
Green guide for campers, or one I am not aware of. I have 52 days use of the Teck so I am totally open on my itinerary, Pyrenees, wine country, etc. Thank you in advance!
Roger Miller, Seattle

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
First off Welcome to Fun Roger... :thumb:

You can get copy of the 3rd edition at Broken Link Removed

They ship world wide no problem ( and yes, they are very good books ! )

As an aside...........

Dunno if you are aware, but Seattle has the worlds largest telephone museum.. there is a Brit telephone box there that came from close by where I live.. The RAF assisted in getting it to you guys !
The radio hams in this area got involved with the project .. Must have been 20 + years ago now :Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi and welcome..

not a book.. but
this is probably the best on line site for aires in France and Europe..

http://www.campingcar-infos.com/index1.htm

For use without an internet connection, you can buy the full site contents either on a memory stick or download ..

you can also download (free,) the POIs for Sat Navs, TomTom and Garmin

Last edited:
May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Another website I use is motorhomingfrance.co.uk cost is £12 a year but photo's and details are good . Terry:thumb:

OP
OP
O

orson

Free Member
Apr 13, 2012
Seattle
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
1 year
Trip information.

Thank you everyone! I am so glad that I asked such nice people this question. I will check out the telephone museum. I have lived here 21 years and have never heard of it.

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Aires in France

Amazon.Fr supplied[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]"Le guide officiel : aires de service camping-car 2012" for £13.50 incl postage to the UK within a week. It's in French but no real problem. Stay off the dual carriageways and Peage if you can - the roads in France are a pleasure to drive on and put our roads to shame. Good luck, Vic[/SIZE][/FONT]:Smile: Oh - and don't rely on satnav !! plan your route and use maps and you will enjoy France

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Hi
Welcome to FUN
We use sat-nav (gps) to enter co.ords. when close to an aire. Sometimes they are a little akward to find (as we use the Camping-car info----which is in French--But covers ALL of Europe)) so cannot read directions:Sad:-------so-------we suggest you use maps and sat-nav.--they work well together. If you download/buy the site on a disc/stick (8€ for down-load) you don't have to have wi-fi to check your next aire------we usually look for a couple close to each other. If the one you intended to stop at was unsuitable or full, just go to your next one. We are in France using that site now and it takes all the stress out of looking for wild- camping spots
Enjoy your trip----you know where to get any further info.
Nigel & Pamala------Nr Limoges

OP
OP
O

orson

Free Member
Apr 13, 2012
Seattle
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
1 year
Trip information.

Thank you, very helpful.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
We found it useful to enter the list of sites/aires from here:

Link Removed

as POI's onto our satnav. It's then easy to find which ones are near you and give you directions

Wyn

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back