Free Member
Sep 3, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2015
Hi all

So how busy is France likely to be towards the end of next week. We will be arriving near Mont St Michel about 5pm one evening, how likely are we to get on the aire there at that time or should we book a campsite as it's a popular tourist attraction?

Thanks

Rosemary

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
I think French schools are already back or damn close, and most of ours are close enough for most families to be heading home next weekend. Mont St Michel is a popular attraction but I would have thought any medium to large aire would still have spaces. Which aire do you have in mind exactly?

PS: If you've not been before it is one of France's tackiest historic tourist attractions once you get inside the walls. Nice to look at from a distance but.. :)

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Hi all

So how busy is France likely to be towards the end of next week. We will be arriving near Mont St Michel about 5pm one evening, how likely are we to get on the aire there at that time or should we book a campsite as it's a popular tourist attraction?

Thanks

Rosemary

We stayed for a couple of nights in June on the aire at Beauvoir. Easy enough to get the bus to Mont St Michel. Shops and eateries in walking distance.

Its a big aire and I am pretty sure you will have no problem finding a space. Its well laid out etc. The only downside is the cost - €15.50 per night! Mind you this includes, water, ehu and wifi so not bad really I suppose.

Enjoy your trip.

Paul

Beauvoir.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Summer holiday season in France ends at the end of August. Most kids are back at school on 4th September, so it might still be busy there if the weathers good.
As magics post, its best viewed from a distance.....

OP
OP
rosemaryd

rosemaryd

Free Member
Sep 3, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2015
Thanks Allan, Paul and Magicsurfbus. We've booked a site which costs an arm and a leg in comparison to the aire but as we're new to this feel slightly reassured that our first couple of nights are sorted. Hoping to gauge from that how busy everywhere is and then perhaps wing it from then on.

Yes, I'd heard that about the Mont but still the kids want to go although I can already hear our 9 year old moaning about climbing the hill so maybe we'll just view it from outside!

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
We stayed at the campsite at the end of the road to Mont St Michel. At that time it was only 40 cents more and had EHU, water, dumping, washing area for pots and pans, nice grass plot with privet surround. Easy walk to the Mont, possibly about 30 minutes ambling.
There are 2 different areas. One has showers and toilets but ours didn't but only 40 cents more because of tax.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
There is a selection of Aires to choose from. There should be space, somewhere. Visit Mont St Michel at dusk.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back