Aire in Calais (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
@Capitanjohn Yes it's at N50.95927 E001.83243 or N50°57'33.4" E1°49'56.8" we used it last November plenty of room but no shops etc there were empty points and water.and a charge of €10.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 31, 2014
Stratford-upon-Avon, UK
Funster No
MH
BUCCANEER CARAVEL
Exp
SINCE 1975
We took a look at the new aire but ended up going back onto the marina as we.normally do.We like to have a meal at one of th local restaurants and thought the new aire too far to walk.We were just getting ready to go out for a meal when the parking guy turned up and we had to pay as normal but at least we did,nt get moved on!What the long term situation will be I don!t know.We will still try and park on the Marina if possible.!

biglamin

Free Member
Oct 26, 2016
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2007
we looked at the new aire in December for our last night in France , only one van inside it but loads of parking space outside the actual paid bit. It looked like you had to pay extra for the water - did I read this wrong?

We called into Auchan to do some shopping, started the engine to set off back to the parking space outside the aire (too tight to pay 10e), heard knocking on the underneath and when we looked out a very smiley face asked if we were going to the UK. He had tied some rope to the underside of the van - we told him we were travelling to Spain. In a nutshell, we decided to drive straight to the terminal and spend the night there. Never thought I would say this but I was really pleased we could get a crossing the night before our booked crossing and at no extra cost

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back