Aire consultation North Yorks (1 Viewer)

s7ev0

Funster
May 31, 2010
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit
Exp
Since 2009
Morning funsters! Good news about a possible new "aire" in North Yorks!

Earlier this year, Ryedale council in North Yorkshire approached us at Brit Stops to ask for advice on setting up their new "aire" at Helmsley. After what appears to have been a successful trial period, they are now opening a consultation regarding making the aire permanent. It's in a lovely location, and should definitely be supported, so please go to the consultation and have your say. It's a short questionnaire and tailored mainly for anyone who's actually stayed there, but there's space for general comments.

The consultation can be found . <<<this is the link!

Steve :)

Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Info about parking here:

Which says:

At Cleveland Way in Helmsley, between the hours of 6.30pm and 9.00am, there is capacity for up to six motorhomes to park free of charge in the overflow car park. Drivers must park their vehicles in the parking bays. Normal parking regulations apply between the hours of 9.00am and 6.00pm.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
The bays dont look very big , if its those 3 pairs of bays with bushes in between . I ask because it says must be entirely within bays !

Imbiber

LIFE MEMBER
May 12, 2009
Castleford, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
The bays were not clearly marked as being for motorhomes when we last visited; just looked like ordinary car parking spaces. As our van was too large for the bays in question we were advised we could park across two bays in the centre of the car park but had to pay for two spaces during the charging period.

Nov 26, 2014
Never on the wrong road ......
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2014, before that 20 years of boating & caravanning
Survey completed, it's a useful overnight stop in a lovely village, we were too long for the bays but parked on the outer edges where the trees are, and this allowed us to "overhang" at the back but be in the space

Baileysbus

Free Member
Aug 2, 2016
Fife
Funster No
Exp
Start of 2016
Survey completed. It's a great stopover but I agree, the bays are a bit Indistinct ....... should have more of them! Helmsley is a lovely spot. (y)

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
We were there in September. Bays are (were) still car sized but we managed to park within the lines (just) by leaving a space twixt us and the next, which everyone did. There's no facilities except the toilet block in the main car park which I think may be closed outside of normal hours.

Notably everybody (except us) had departed by 9.15 am. We'd already paid to stay longer via the quite intelligent machines.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Survey completed with words of encouragement for an enlightened Council.

Thanks for the "heads up".

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Us too. It looks like an interesting stopover. I had never heard of Helmsley but this will encourage us to visit.

May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.
Us too. It looks like an interesting stopover. I had never heard of Helmsley but this will encourage us to visit.
I live there and it is the most wonderful little town. Voted the best small town in Britain a couple of years ago. One of the shops was also voted the best small shop in Britain as well. Great (but biased)

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Had a look at the survey, and completed it. although my proximity to Hemsley (about an hour drive) means I am unlikely to ever use it. These are spaces which used to be used by HGV`s back when, I delivered to Browns in the Market, and often by Coaches too.

Now all they need to do is persuade Scarborough to follow suit!.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back