Aire closed at Rincon de la Victoria (1 Viewer)

Dec 28, 2015
lake district
Funster No
MH
low profile mh
Exp
Since 2015
Camper Areas M&H ''El Rincón'' At Rincon de la Victoria is currently closed. A camping site locally have complained about the facilities and the town hall have ordered it to close immediately. Such a shame as they are lovely people and the site is spotless and welcoming.
If you are heading there check it out first.

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
We called by, looking for a stop for a couple of nights, last winter. It looked to be a nice place, but it was completely full - looked to be mainly long-stayers, with their plant pots etc outside their vans.

May 7, 2011
Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
It is actually an organised group of campsites who have been pursuing a vendetta against the Camper Area since it opened. They really do not like the competition and maintain the camper area has more facilities than they should. They have put pressure on the council not to renew their licence. However, the type of licence is in the process of being changed and El Rincon will be open again in a couple of weeks. Other camper areas have the same problem with the campsites who employ a lawyer whose sole job it is to go after the camper areas. This is the friendliest camper area we ever visit. With reference to bellabee's comment about the flowerpots outside vans - these are all part of the site's landscaping. It is not full of longstayers. We have just left and there was a frequent turnover even over Christmas. First impressions can be misleading!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
S
Dec 28, 2015
lake district
Funster No
MH
low profile mh
Exp
Since 2015
Yes true @miklin . The picture of the deserted aire shows all the planting and tubs. It really is sad. It's not the first though, I have read similar reports all over Spain.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
It is actually an organised group of campsites who have been pursuing a vendetta against the Camper Area since it opened. They really do not like the competition and maintain the camper area has more facilities than they should. They have put pressure on the council not to renew their licence. However, the type of licence is in the process of being changed and El Rincon will be open again in a couple of weeks. Other camper areas have the same problem with the campsites who employ a lawyer whose sole job it is to go after the camper areas. This is the friendliest camper area we ever visit. With reference to bellabee's comment about the flowerpots outside vans - these are all part of the site's landscaping. It is not full of longstayers. We have just left and there was a frequent turnover even over Christmas. First impressions can be misleading!

Had look on google maps and there’s not a campsite for miles around...? The only other place I’ve stayed at around there is the new aire by the road at the other end of Rincon by the beach which is not too bad.....

I’ve seen a few shut Aires around Spain and its a shame as they are mostly tucked away and don’t cause many problems, I can’t see these being much competition for the main commercial holiday sites...

But saying that I’ve seen quite a few new aires popping up too...!

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
There are some camperstops that have opened without permission, some of which have been closed.

The campsites are aggrieved because they are bound by regulations which don't apply atm to camperstops. The campsites (in Murcia at least) want the same regulations to apply to camperstops for the facilities that they supply, ie electricity.

Things will take time and which way they go is anyone's guess.

May 7, 2011
Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
EL RINCON IS OPEN AGAIN!!!!!!!! AS OF TODAY 15 JAN 2018. Everything sorted and New licence issued. Fantastic camperstop,best in the area!!!!!! See you all there.

OP
OP
S
Dec 28, 2015
lake district
Funster No
MH
low profile mh
Exp
Since 2015

Pete n Bex

Free Member
Feb 11, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Compass,Avantgarde
Exp
Since 1990
So pleased to see it's open again, we stayed a couple of years ago & honestly they couldn't do enough for you...It's one of those places your relucant to leave having got a place!!

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Does anybody have an exact address for this place please?
I think I've found where it might be on Google earth but as it's an older photo/satellite I'm not sure.
By chance, we're due to drive down from Aguilas to Benalmadena to see friends on Wednesday and we'd like to call in an check this place out.

Ta

Nov 28, 2010
Torrevieja, Spain
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip H720
Exp
December 2011
I think you will need to check access to this site if you are thinking of taking a 5th wheeler there, as one of the routes in it would be difficult with a small van, I took the other route in and I am 7.5m and it was tight in places, I doubt they would have a large enough pitch for you.
Mickymouse

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back