Aire between Sainte Maure de Touraine and Chätellerault (1 Viewer)

Augusta08

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2015
Morbihan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Augusta
Exp
Since 2001
I went to stay at Sainte M de Touraine, but the Itinerants had moved in so I drove down the D910 towards Chätellerault. When I came upon a new facility by a lake for circa 12 MHs it was controlled by a CC operated entry barrier, hence no Itinerants. But I can't find it on campercontact or in camperstop.

Does anyone know quite where it is?

I'd like to try it again tomorrow night...

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
I went to stay at Sainte M de Touraine, but the Itinerants had moved in so I drove down the D910 towards Chätellerault. When I came upon a new facility by a lake for circa 12 MHs it was controlled by a CC operated entry barrier, hence no Itinerants. But I can't find it on campercontact or in camperstop.

Does anyone know quite where it is?

I'd like to try it again tomorrow night...
That's a shame, we like that Aire. It's normally very quiet and we like the patisserie around the corner. Chateaudun has a nice Aire.

OP
OP
Augusta08

Augusta08

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2015
Morbihan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Augusta
Exp
Since 2001
So I arrived, thanks Normadian, totally empty, no where shall I park???? Bay's all about the same, I choose bay 2......

An hour later another French MH appears, so where will he park? In the one 70 metres away? ... Or one of the one's 65 metres away? Or one of the one's 35-45 metres away??

No you guessed it. Slap next door. C'est la vie.....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Is it this one? la celle saint avant n 47.011411 e 0.608455

cc47377

I remember pulling up at that one last winter after a longish drive, We could not get the machine to accept any of our 4 cards, clearly lots of others had the same problem as there were loads of void receipts on the ground. We didnt feel like giving up so my wife tried lifting it and it went straight up with no problem We had a very peaceful night. Just to be clear - we did try quite hard to pay.

OP
OP
Augusta08

Augusta08

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2015
Morbihan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Augusta
Exp
Since 2001
It took my Credit Agricole card ok, but took an age
I remember pulling up at that one last winter after a longish drive, We could not get the machine to accept any of our 4 cards, clearly lots of others had the same problem as there were loads of void receipts on the ground. We didnt feel like giving up so my wife tried lifting it and it went straight up with no problem We had a very peaceful night. Just to be clear - we did try quite hard to pay.
It took my Credit Agricole card after a long pause, but I noticed the barrier didn't put up much resistance to a gentle lift.

However I paid up, I wanted the Lecky and water which are only released by code.

Nice spot and worth remembering.
IMG_20200302_191358_4.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back