Aire at Monbazillac (1 Viewer)

Aug 21, 2014
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20 yrs on and off
We arrived in the sunshine:smiley: to find this lovely aire with parking among the vines. It was so nice we thought we'd stay a couple of nights. The owner is very welcoming and we were invited to a wine tasting in the evening where we mentioned staying 2 nights and we're very politely told "non" as it is a French Passion Aire and you can only stay one night :frowny:. Our Aires book doesn't mention this, so for any fellow Funsters who plan to use the Aire we thought we'd give you the 'heads up' to avoid any disappointment. It is a truly lovely spot with a nice walk to an old chateau overlooking a pretty valley. We were the only van there so the wine tasting was a bit short and sweet (like the wine) and although there is no obligation to buy we did find it a bit awkward and purchased a few bottles ::bigsmile:. Recommed this Aire for an overnight stop definitely with the proviso to be aware of solo wine tasting sessions ::bigsmile::smiley: if you're softies like us ::bigsmile:

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
I stayed there last year and had the wine tasting, enjoyed it very much. There was no suggestion then that it was an "Aire" it was, as far as I was concerned just a France Passion location. Just wondering which airs book were you using as if they got that one wrong its likely that they have others wrong too.

Feb 11, 2017
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
If that is the one owned by M Camus, it is brilliant - we stayed a few years back, and there was a step ladder left by a cherry tree for people to help themselves to the excellent cherries.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: Pia
OP
OP
2spritelyislanders
Aug 21, 2014
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20 yrs on and off
I stayed there last year and had the wine tasting, enjoyed it very much. There was no suggestion then that it was an "Aire" it was, as far as I was concerned just a France Passion location. Just wondering which airs book were you using as if they got that one wrong its likely that they have others wrong too.
Using 2015 All Aires book and this Aire was last inspected in 2013, which mentions wine tasting and the van which calls each morning. Maybe it's become a French Passion since then :smiley:

OP
OP
2spritelyislanders
Aug 21, 2014
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20 yrs on and off
If that is the one owned by M Camus, it is brilliant - we stayed a few years back, and there was a step ladder left by a cherry tree for people to help themselves to the excellent cherries.
That's the one but no cherries for us :smiley: only trees we saw had things like runner beans hanging from the branches :smiley: ::bigsmile:

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
From my recent experience two months into a trip I have noticed a number of France Passion stops showing up on Camper Contacts and Search for Sites, it appears certain people are becoming over enthusiastic in entering stops onto these sites, therefore, the confusion over a France Passion and also Wildspots are appearing where they shouldn't.
I fear the popularity of Motorhoming is likely to implode in the next few years and as good as it is,Social Media is the Culprit.

Feb 11, 2017
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
Using 2015 All Aires book and this Aire was last inspected in 2013, which mentions wine tasting and the van which calls each morning. Maybe it's become a French Passion since then :smiley:
No - I’ve just checked and it was 2010 when we went (time flies!) and it was FP then. But I’m not sure that FP hosts are precluded from acting as an Aire more generally?

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp

I think its been a France Passion for a number of years but your using the "All the Aires" book might explain the confusion. Although its a good reference book it certainly does not have all the aires and we take inspection reports with a pinch of salt. Other publications have many aires that the book does not.

Reactions: Pia

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Monbazillac wine is lovely. Not been to the chateau but were given some by a French business contact whom we visited in the spring.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back