JJ Jeffrey
Dec 13, 2017
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79 4T
Exp
Since 2017
Hi all, just to let everybody know I took my van into my local garage and the guy connected his electronic gizmo and reset the airbag warning light,feeling like I have won the lottery let's hope it stays off. didn't even change me,will take him a couple of bottles of wine when we can get out again. Thank you all for your help.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Hi all, just to let everybody know I took my van into my local garage and the guy connected his electronic gizmo and reset the airbag warning light,feeling like I have won the lottery let's hope it stays off. didn't even change me,will take him a couple of bottles of wine when we can get out again. Thank you all for your help.
You did well. We tried a couple of those code readers with reset facilities but didn’t work on our fault.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
You did well. We tried a couple of those code readers with reset facilities but didn’t work on our fault.
Likewise. Think some garage facilities only work on some error codes. Ours tried three different ones.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
My 2016 Fiat Airbag ECU failed earlier this year.
I got the codes read which showed it was the ECU that was knackered. Called Fiat camper assist in Italy and they told me to book in to a Fiat agent and if diagnosis showed that the ECU was the issue they would pay for the part if I paid for the labour. Took it in and Fiat did as they said and paid for the ECU.

My van was 4 years old so out of warranty but as I had a full Fiat service history and only 20K on the clock Fiat agreed to pay with no argument. They even phoned me after the work was done to check all went well.

So my advice is contact Fiat and get it booked in.
Same thing happened to us, we phoned Fiat and a very nice lady with a Liverpudlian accent answered, our van was 6 months out of warranty but she said no matter and Fiat paid for the whole job, when it went in for the work, they found the dashboard had a fault so after another phone call to Fiat that was also replace.
Fullmarks to fiat.

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Hello All,

I too have the airbag warning light problem on our Bailey Approach. I have located the airbag sensor unit as per instructions from Crashdata. What tool do I need to unscrew the three bolts that hold it? Ring spanner? Offset ring spanner? It is SO awkward to get at it.

Thanks to all

Stephen

Difficult to get at with a ring spanner.

I used a 10mm socket with a short extension and ratchet handle.

Mar 14, 2019
Sutton Coldfield but East Yorkshire man at heart
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest155
Exp
Since 2018
One of the advantages of a local garage is you often get to have a good relationship with the people who do the work as they get to know you, even greet you as you walk into reception using your name. The big lot often is another person on reception so never make that connection. This is why I use a local, well it is five miles away, but only place in the area which lets in vehicles up to 3.2 metres high

Sep 28, 2015
Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2001 Caravans 2011 Motorhomes
That’s what we did first and it came on again very soon after. It was reset by the Fiat garage who said “they do that sometimes“
We ended with a new one at £300.

Jul 8, 2018
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape 684
Exp
Since 2018
Thanks to all who replied with advice on the correct removal tool.

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
My light came on for a while,then went out then 6 months later came on and stayed on. Fiât 2012, previous owner had original replaced just over a year from new . Posted to Crash data YESTERDAY. They rang for payment and advised of despatch TODAY. Fixed. Now that is service!!
Will ensure battery fully charged before starting as low voltage often the cause of the problem.
Got Motorhome home. Disconnected batteries and solar. Replaced module. Lights out and taken for booked MOT and passed.
Then back to storage.........😥😥😥😥

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back