Airbag Warning Light after changing seats (1 Viewer)

l33ro7

Free Member
Dec 31, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi, new to this but I felt that this info had to be shared.
Having recently completed Fiat lDucato van conversion and changed over vehicle info @DVLA ,I took it along for a MOT only to fail, due to air bar light illuminating. I then visited a local Auto Electrician who plugged the van in and diagnosed Pre-Tensioner missing ( this was on the seat which I removed then sold !) causing warning light to show on the dash. Following loads of research on various forums including this one I purchased @ £1.99 2.2 ohm resistor (air bag switch off resistor from ebay) with fuse and wired this across the 2 unattached cables under the passenger seat and Bob's your uncle the warning light went off after a while !! Took the van back in for MOT and it passed with flying colours.
Thank you very much Motorhomefun.:Smile:

Hi this is my first post so I hope it is appropriately placed. I have removed the double seats from my 2007 ducato and have no intention of refitting them, however my recent MOT failure due to the airbag light being on means I am stuck. After reading Knilowes post I am hoping the same procedure can be done but I have very little knowledge of resistors etc and was hoping if possible Knilowe would post a link to his ebay purchase or something similar. Any help greatly appreciated at this time, thanks in advance:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back